Why can't I buy?

I just registered a couple weeks ago, purchased a couple of items already, but now I can't purchase an item because of a verification problem with my account.  I can't find any information about what that means or how to fix it.

Jess.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why can't I buy?

Some sellers have blocks for low feedback accounts that are not phone verified.

Eliminates potential scammers.

On verification you will be sent a pin code to your phone which you need to enter at the eBay site.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Ok, thanks kopenhagen

So, how do I get phone verified?

I have previously entered my mobile number, but I have not received any messages or pin numbers from eBay.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

There's a post by go-tazz in this thread that will help you.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Ask-a-member/how-do-i-do-phone-verification/m-p/2082418#M33

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks Padi. I have read through that.

I have received no message from eBay that I need to be phone verified, so I don't have a number to call.

I have contacted the seller and they assure me they only block buyers with unpaid item strikes, which I do not have.

When I try to add her item to my cart I get this message: 'This seller won't sell to buyers who don't meet their requirements'.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Then seller has probably forgotten they have this block in place.

Try calling eBay in this link for the code.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Sellers often set blocks as part of the process of setting their accounts up for the first time. After this they forget about them and many sellers may not even know where to find the blocks in account settings. It is easy to forget what blocks you entered several years ago when establishing a seller account.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply