Will not post to PO Box, but I am not using a PO Box but a Parcel Locker. Ebay needs to to recognise

Will not post to PO Box, but I am not using a PO Box but a Parcel Locker. Ebay needs to to recognise this as a legitamate address more secure than a street address. Because your not using a street address Ebay assumes your using a PO Box. It needs to differentuate between a parcel locker and a PO Box.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Will not post to PO Box, but I am not using a PO Box but a Parcel Locker. Ebay needs to to recognise

Talk to the seller - they are the ones who set the requirements.

How are they posting? If not AP or Startack, then they can't deliver to Parcel Lockers either.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@gregroovy wrote:

Will not post to PO Box, but I am not using a PO Box but a Parcel Locker. Ebay needs to to recognise this as a legitamate address more secure than a street address. Because your not using a street address Ebay assumes your using a PO Box. It needs to differentuate between a parcel locker and a PO Box.

If it can't go to a PO box, then it can't go to a parcel locker address, either. Personally, I wish eBay would separate the two, because as a seller I can post to PO boxes, but not parcel locker or parcel collect addresses. 

PO boxes are actually more inclusive, not the other way around - all articles sent through Aus Post services can go to a PO box, but only parcels under certain sizes / weight can go to Parcel Lockers, and they can't contain things like perishables or alcohol, the packaging can't be damaged in any way, and anything that's small enough to be delivered by the regular postie, can't be delivered to parcel lockers, either - in most cases these articles will be redirected to whatever alternative address is on file, not the locker. If the alternate address has any error in it at all, it will instead go to a nearby post office for collection, but the recipient is never notified. 

And, or course as dave mentions, any non Aus Post service generally can't deliver to either, unless extra is paid (PO box holders now have the option of paying for PO Box Plus, which allows limited B2C deliveries from couriers without the extra charge on the individual delivery, so again, those are much more versatile than parcel lockers). 

If they won't post to PO boxes for security reasons, then they have even more reason not to post to parcel locker addresses - it's a legitimate delivery option, but it is by no means a "legitimate address" in a legal sense. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

This is starting to do my head in. I got the parcel locker as a work around for sellers who wont post to a PO box,  now I get the message "Unfortunately, this seller won't post to a P.O. Box."

But it's not a PO box!

It's even more baffling when they're using Aus Post as the carrier. I just usually move on to another seller but today I found every seller for an item I want is doing this. I cant get things delivered to home because I'm never home during the week which means it will be carded to a post office anyway, or worse still they'll leave it on the porch to be stolen. 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Please read ^^^^^^^^^ digi's well explained reply

Get it sent to a physical address - a neighbour / friend / relative / your work

Surely this can be overcome, what happens when you buy a large item that needs to be couriered?

Some times a buyer has to make an allowance for delivery options as the seller sends in a way that offers them protection as well.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I used to get things sent to work which was fine when I worked in town, but now I work on a remote site so it's not an option. I'm talking about sellers using Australia Post as a carrier, if it's a large item using a different courier I put their depot address and get it from there, why would I inconvenience a neighbour that I barely know and expect them to stay home?. You're not very helpful.

Anyway, I believe I've found a work around. I took the word "parcel" out of "parcel locker" in the address line and the purchase was accepted. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I thought I was being very helpful. I didn't know you don't know your neighbours well.

Anyway, you found a solution so where there is a will there is a way LOL

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Remains to be seen if it gets delivered with that one word omitted though.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Well, it will be the seller's fault if it does'nt (of course) 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah, I have read a few buyers who have actually printed Post Office Box to circumvent the issue as though it was an actual address, not sure how it all turned out if it was a courier LOL

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply