With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of 2

It used to be 3 months a ways back in the 2000s. Over the last few years I have had some difficult-to-deal-with sellers, and to get a problem reciified it has taken a long time. At least three have taken a very very long time. Two of them took longer than two months to resolve.

Now we have this viirus problem, some postal services have slowed down. A non eBay transaction had to be cancelled and me refunded. It was from the UK. Then last week, 3 days off of 2 months, the item arrived. I have informed seller and will refund later this week.

So, in light of what is going on, I think eBay should change it back to 3 months  instead of  the current 2 months to leave feedback. What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

old chap . . . pffffffffft!

................"Doddering Dero" more like.............true.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>runs really fast>>>>>>>>>>>

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 125
Latest reply

Re: With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of

@padi*0409 wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

................"Doddering Dero" more like.............true.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>runs really fast>>>>>>>>>>>

padi running really fast !!!!!!! . . . now that is funny.

Message 12 of 125
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

padi running really fast !!!!!!! . . . now that is funny.

Did I not mention it was downhill ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvuktushEhY

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 125
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Well actually it was originally "squire" but since cobber, amigo haven't gone down that good in the past, I decided to go back and edit it with "old chap" as the replacement.

On the serious side now, a whole disruption has been thrown our way. Parcels are taking a whole lot longer to arrrive in many cases and some countries unable to sort out the bind that they have got themselves into. I just think that giving a month extra to make it 3 months again gives much needed negotating time in a very difficult time. When things get back to normal (Hopefully they will) then it can be put back to 2 months.

Message 14 of 125
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

So, in light of what is going on, I think eBay should change it back to 3 months  instead of  the current 2 months to leave feedback. What are your thoughts?

No thanks.

But then, I don't sell internationally on here and I don't see any reason for my local buyers to need that long, and all of my international buying these days is off-eBay, where feedback just.... isn't really a thing at all.

eBay has focused on the things that matter most to the majority of members, feedback is barely a blip on their radar by the looks of things, except for some measures protecting sellers from negs and neuts during this time.

It might happen, but I doubt it's a priority and if it does, I would hope it applies to international transactions only.  

Message 15 of 125
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Well actually it was originally "squire" but since cobber, amigo haven't gone down that good in the past, I decided to go back and edit it with "old chap" as the replacement.

why bother?

Message 16 of 125
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@4channel wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

why bother?

Because pretending to be polite will make you more likely to accept his view?

Message 17 of 125
Latest reply

I'd love if we could have longer to leave feedback.
I bought something from China back in March (no one has my permission to go all"peeping tom" on my purchases)
The item only arrived today. I knew it would take quite a while and was happy to wait.
It turned out to be even better than I hoped for.
I would love to be able to leave feedback. Sadly I can only message the seller and let them know how happy I am.
Commonsense is not so common!
Message 18 of 125
Latest reply

@davewill1964 wrote:

Because pretending to be polite will make you more likely to accept his view?

Haha come off it davewill1964. I've been around looooong enough to know that it would never work with him. Not with Mr. Cantankerous.

Message 19 of 125
Latest reply

@ponies68 wrote:

I would love to be able to leave feedback. Sadly I can only message the seller and let them know how happy I am.

Story time, because I'm procrastinating...

I opened my own website nearly 2 years ago - my pre-existing stores kept me pretty busy because they are all on platforms that come with inbuilt traffic, and they all have reviews left for me by buyers.

Those reviews / feedback comments probably help me a bit, but on sites like this, it's more common for bad feedback to outright prevent purchase than it is for good feedback to be the deciding factor.

I mention my site, and how long I have been running it for one main reason, though - I have enabled product reviews (no one's left any as yet Smiley LOL ) but there's not really any feedback system, and for almost all of the time I've had it, sales on there were sporadic and I didn't really put any effort into driving traffic there myself.

Then, about 2 months ago, someone who found that site through a google search and placed an order was so impressed that they independently decided to share a link to the site with a high recommendation on Facebook.

Ever since they did that, I have almost not been able to keep up with sales on some days.

Genuine word of mouth recommendations beats thousands upon thousands of eBay feedback comments everyone has seen a million times over, or even the most glowing ones people can't see at all once they drop off the first page (which can happen in hours sometimes). 

Message 20 of 125
Latest reply