Woolworths pickup cost

I've just purchased an item which I will pick up from Woolworths. There is a $10 postage cost added which I thought would be waived as I am travelling to pick the item up.

Is the item actually posted to Woolworths from the seller? Or is it sold from Woolworths stock on hand? Is there a charge against the seller from Woolworths hence the additional charge?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Barry.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Woolworths pickup cost

The postage cost ($10 in this case) is exactly as it says... for the postage the seller had to pay to have the item sent to Woolworths.

The postage cost should be the same as it would be if it had / been sent to your home address.

The item was sent from the seller to / Woolworths.

As far as I know, there is no extra charge made by Woolworths to the seller.

If there is, some wiser person shall set me straight!!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I am not sure why you thought the cost would be waived because you are travelling to pick it up?

Not seeing how that would mean the seller gets free postage for posting it to Wollies ?

A seller still has to for pay postage reagrdless of if they send it to your house or if they send it to a store for click and collect 

Sellers do not pay for buyers 'travelling'  

I am sure there would be many things said if a seller said they were charging for their travelling time to send an item  Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It is POSTED from the seller to the point where you chose to pick it up.

It is NOT in stock with your chosen store.

So there is still a postage cost that you have to p[ay.

I do wonder why though you would rather travel to collect when it could have been delivered to your address with not other costs as you have pay to travel to get there anyway so is costing more with postage and travel costs than getting delivered to your address.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It would only be free postage if the seller has free postage advertised in the listing.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I wonder if the buyer encountered a seller like I had sometime back... Only had click & collect on offer - which was inconvenient for me - but the only option. Still postcost was $10. About what it would have cost to have delivered to my home.

Instead I had to drive; park; walk;  & then trawl through Big W to the electronics area @ rear of store to pickup from techies who had no clue what I was on about.

No signs anywhere instore & a vague hand wave of "over there" from the store greeter / checkout yourself overseer woman. I'd have thought PU would be well signed; Or maybe near the Layby area? Not @ Epping Plaza Vic.

I suppose it all worked out for Big W; As I bought a $15 T-shirt that I picked up on wending my way to the rear of the store! If everyone doing a PU does that; Then that's extra revenue for the host store!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Use Click n Collect at your own peril.

a) it will not save you postage

b) it will add another link into the delivery chain, which can only extend the delivery time to the buyer.

c) Woolworths have a nasty habit of seemingly forgetting to advise the buyer the itme has arrived, or losing the item in their "system"

Many sellers, including ourselves, will not offer this facility for the above reasons.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

that seems so crazy to me redders. don't know why any seller in their right mind would only allow click & collect. if anything, the option is there for the small percentage of people who want that convenience - i imagine they'd miss out on a great number of sales by only having the C&C option.

i can understand people going out of their way if they want to pick up after hours or don't have a postal address, but forcing people to go through the process seems insane. 

when i initially used C&C (before opting out) i think i had about 4 buyers select C&C in about 6 months.. out of those 4.. 2 were troublesome.. so i thought "i'm getting rid of this ridiculous option." never looked back Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply