do sellers usually ring customers

I have received a phone call from China (a seller) and I would like to know if this is usual

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: do sellers usually ring customers

I would say it's uncommon. I have never phoned a customer although I did text one once but it was as a last resort.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

They rang and asked had I received an item from December that I had left feedback for already

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

First of all if they requested that they wished to call you then they would have to ask Ebay for your phone number and then Ebay would have also informed you that they requested your info and Ebay would have given you their info as well,so did this happen? if not then you are being scammed.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

It is not uncommon for business sellers to ring buyers- I do it quite often if I need to clarify address details as often it is much quicker than waiting for a reply through email.

Zelly - the majority of buyers phone numbers are available on their order details. Rarely do they need to be requested through ebay.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

If use use click and send you get the buyers email address AND their phone number. Not likely in this case admittedly, but nevertheless possible.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Yes I know but from China?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I have had a call from China, they just wanted to sell more of what I had already purchased. Other than that I have not received a call from a seller and I have never telephoned a customer unless they have asked me to.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

You have received the item and left feedback?

That to me is very odd behaviour and I would be thinking someone is planning some sort of scam.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

And what buyer leaves feedback for an item that they haven't received yet anyway.So why would the seller ask if OP received the item,wouldn't the feedback have been the proof that OP did receive it?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply