eBay Senior VP Asia Survey

fttot
Community Member

Has anybody else received and completed a survey from J Lee, Senior Vice President eBay Asia ?

With respect to Mr Lee and indeed everybody at eBay's executive management table, but do these people understand or even have a vague clue as to why eBay is going right down the proverbial S-bend ???

The survey was probably sent to myself and thousands of others who haven't purchased on eBay in months, as most likely have no intention to purchase off eBay either now or foreseeable future.

The survey was unbelievable. The whole focus of the survey was divided into 2 parts and designed to inform eBay:

1. If you would recommend purchasing off eBay, if not, then why not; and

2. How your reasons for not purchasing was all the fault of the Sellers.

It didn't actually say how the Sellers are to blame for everything, but may as well have, as the answer options were completely loaded against Sellers. There was not one question which allowed you to criticize eBay's high fee's, eBay's rules & policies, eBay's performance, or eBay's attitude towards it's customers (be they Buyers or Sellers), eBay's business relationships with PayPal and Australia Post forcing Sellers to increase prices

Instead questions you were allowed to answer were:

The SELLER was unresponsive, The SELLER charged too much for postage, The SELLER took too long to post items.....The Seller, The Seller, The Seller, it's all the Sellers fault was the tone of the whole survey.

Look you couldn't pay me to Sell on eBay these days, however I did take the time to mention I do most my buying on QUICKSALES as the prices were cheaper than eBay, and a lot less hassles than eBay these days. (my survey response will likely be deleted for mentioning the "Q" word).

These eBay executives just don't get it, more to the point I don't think they want to get it. Instead they appear to just live in ignorant bliss of reality and wish to hang, draw and quarter Sellers for all that's wrong with eBay. They don't understand the old adage about "flogging a dead horse", and in this particular instance the horse is in ice cold rigamortis and they still going 90 to the dozen with a riding crop.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: eBay Senior VP Asia Survey

How odd to receive a survey about sellers now!

This  site is  currently so overrun with SCAMMERS and FRAUDULENT  listings ( which ebay seem to be doing very little about ) that's it's hard to find any genuine Sellers and genuine listings amongst all the SCAMS.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

well, they can't do it about buyers, can they? Cause there are none

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

fttot
Community Member

Can't agree more, maybe "eBay" should re-launch it's brand as" eCounterfit"

I lost $685 on a counterfit Husqvarna chainsaw plus $199 for courier costs from Malaysia back in January. I went through all the eBay and PayPal processes, however the Seller was clearly aware of every loophole and stall/delay tactic better than eBay did.

I even had PayPal challenge ME (would you believe it) to verify I wasn't scamming the Seller. I took the chainsaw to Husqvarna's Australian headquarters near Wyong, with their national product manager giving me a letter on company letterhead saying the item was counterfit. The Seller said I must have substituted his "genuine item" for a counterfit item....and guess what, PayPal believed the Seller !!!!

Bottom line, no refund, dud counterfit chainsaw, and to add insult to injury this Seller as we speak today is still selling counterfit Husqvarna and Stihl chainsaws on eBay.

This guy is so good he hasn't even changed his listings, clearly because he knows eBay don't care. At this moment he has 11 active listing under 11 different Seller ID's in Malaysia and China / Hong Kong.

I don't care if the eBay secret police visit me at 3am in morning for saying the Quicksales on this site, but honestly it was like eBay use to be 5 years ago....a bit of fun and hassle free buying online.

Survey that Mr Lee SVP eBay Asia !!!!!!

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

fttot , you have already been to Husqvarna's Australian headquarters once. I would be printing out all of the sellers auctions for his chainsaws, and then taking them back and showing the National product manager each auction page and telling him he needs to contact ebay to have the listings removed as being counterfeit. 

I would also ask him to mention to ebay that he has seen one of these counterfeit chainsaws in person ( the chainsaw you took in ) and then you contact paypal again and ebay, and tell them that your counterfeit claim was rejected, and you would still like your refund, now the seller has been outed. 

And if they mention the 45 days or the seller is no longer a user, that wouldnt bother me, as they were the ones who dismissed your claim, i would think they are now the ones responsible not the seller.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Mmmm........ Quicksales looks good!

It's not owned by eBay is it?

โ˜ฏOnly the Best Things in Life are Freeโ˜ฏ
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You are so right about counterfeiters running rife on ebay. I am thinking of listing 2 of my Chanel handbags next month thought I would do some homework and looked at completed sales, only to find a poor buyer had paid over $2k for a fake Chanel and not even a good fake!

On many occasions I have reported the glaringly obvious Chanel fakes on ebay.au and US ebay, US ebay remove them pretty quickly, AUS ebay has does nothing. Now if you pay a few hundred dollars for a Chanel bag online and get a fake well really what did you expect, but this poor buyer is out over $2k and the same week another buyer paid over $1500 for another fake (different seller)......its disgraceful. It costs only $7 to get a professional authenticator to give you peace of mind.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, stepping off my soapbox now...

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

fttot
Community Member

Hijack away sister....just please don't try to sell me a chainsaw !!!;-)

Maybe we should all form a 'support group' to listen to each others eBay problems, because heavens knows eBay won't listen !!!

Perhaps we should call the group "eDudded"

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

fttot if you had that letter then as long as you complied with all the time scales there is no way Paypal should have found against you and if they did you should have complained to the financial services ombudsman at http://www.fos.org.au,  usually the threat of doing so is enough when Paypal get it wrong (often they haven't, it is the complainant who hasn't understood the policies or complied with them)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply