eBay app completing orders for items in cart

Hi all,

I had items in my cart that I was still reviewing from the same seller using the eBay app on my phone. While still viewing the cart I exited the app using the home button on the phone, then noticed it triggered the order confirm process. Went back in the app and found the order had been placed! Now this is the second time it's happend and because the linked Paypal payment setup is active, it's automatically paid for the order....

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: eBay app completing orders for items in cart

esayaf
Community Member
None of the regular posters use the app here. I'm about the only one that does and I've never used the cart. I never have enough money to buy more than one item at a time.
There are plenty of complaints about the new payment system for desktop
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

There are a few regular posters that do use the app. That is all they use as they don't have a computer.

Usually the advice given if something isn't working on the app is to open the desktop version via a browser on your phone/device.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I just wish people would stop using the app and just use their browser

Save a lot of headaches for everybody

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I agree, it's just as easy to use a browser on whatever device it is you use. They all have at least one.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I would let ebay know with a complaint, because that isn't good.

But in the meantime, perhaps message the seller, describe what happened and it may be they will be able to come to some arrangement if there is another item you were looking to buy & combine with the ones you already bought.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Buying items from your cart for multiple purchases also doesn't allow the seller combine the items for reduced postage. Avoid the cart as well as the app!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

A lot wouldn't know they're even using the app.  I was at a friend's house a few months ago and she wanted to know how to look something up on ebay.  She's hardly ever used ebay and she only had a phone so I showed her on that.  To get to ebay in the first place I got her to do a google search, then we searched for the item in question.  I couldn't see half the usual buttons so I had to get her to switch to classic view (or whatever) so she was obviously using the app without even knowing, and she certainly would never have known there was an alternative if I hadn't known about it from the forums.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

When you first open eBay in a browser it gives you the mobile view and asks you if you want to install the app. I'm pretty sure you can do most things on the mobile view as what you can do on the classic view (way more than you can do on the app anyway!).

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for all the replies.

In regards to using the app instead of the browser, it was available so I installed it and then encountered this issue. So after this experience I do use the browser instead. Yes the cart system needs work in regards to multiple items being combined for reduced shipping cost.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply