first time using ebay now <Removed> is stealing money from account - ebay has become dangerous

lady at work who only shops from big retailers like target, kogan etc signed up for ebay for the first time ever and bought a book from melbourne based seller now is having money stolen out of her account by a US company called <Removed> for purchases in the US - of all the things someone could steal they are buying food from <Removed>

Bank teller told her that ebay is a very bad dodgy place.

Ebay used to be a safe trustworthy place to shop and secure - what the hell has happened?

She has been telling quite a lot of people around our very very busy workplace how bad ebay is and dangerous.

I was thinking maybe the melbourne bookseller maybe has their account compromised.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

first time using ebay now <Removed> is stealing money from account - ebay has become dangerous

Dang Countess, you have nearly filled in all the holes.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

You say succinct there's nothing succinct about countess look how long the post is,all her posts are long and probably just come from the top of her head and always impressive.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@supermussolinibros wrote:

you poor thing you have no understanding of computer os's at all in the slightest but hey not everyone understands IT - even the machine you are using seems to confuse you.

All OK - she has changed her card, yes the report was report cyber or whatever.

I find it bizarre that her credit card details have been exploited by someone in the US - maybe it was just poor security password, maybe not but still ebay has lost a customer nontheless - but doesn't matter as there are so many new people signing up it's CRAZY - sales are through the roof for sellers and ebay execs enjoy champagne breakfasts daily - https://www.marketplacepulse.com/articles/ebay-growth-turns-negative

I noticed that some of the ebay users replying to this post are quite the sheep- who on earth would be driven away from the platform by a little comment in a tiny corner of the soup that is the forums - i suspect these are the same morons who vote for morons like the greens and worship st greta and are easily swayed ie "weak of mind" - my post is so influential that it would drive people away bwhahahaha - wake up.

Undecuated bogans like the horse comment really bug me, but it's a reality of online forums - thanks for your succinct response and just to keep you happy i wont denigrate your uneducated bogan friends - some rusted ons here will never change but their usernames will.

So your issue is with those of other political persuasions than yours?

Explains a lot.

Wot's a 'undecuated'?

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Wot's a 'undecuated'?..................Man Very Happy

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply