got refund but item now arrived

I ordered an item that was falsely marked as delivered by the freight company, I logged a query with the seller as I hadn't recieved the item, I escalated this to ebay as it seemed like because it was marked as delivered it was delivered.  Ebay instantly closed the case against me, And then after appeal I got a refund, even though I stated I actually wanted the item.  Now almost two weeks later the item has actually been delivered.  I sent the seller a message and a query to ebay, but no-one has answered, I was wondering what I should do?  

I only logged the complaint as the freight complany claimed the item was delivered, and sent me an email to this effect a week later.  I thought at this point I was probably going to be ripped off, either they delivered it unsecured and someone has taken it (even though someone was home) Or the item was lost somewhere and the contractor claimed they delivered it so they could get paid.  I appealed and pointed out several discrepancies the delivery time was 2am Saturday, the delivery progress showed unlikely ordering (multiple trips from Australia to America).  Now the item has been delivered, I feel guilty as it was not my intension to rip anyone off.  What is the normal process when this happens? particularly when they haven't answered my queries?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@digital*ghostso if it says "may not", it's better to treat it as "does not".

... But 3/4 of the sellers i contacted said they do, so if I really like an item I feel tempted to try, particularly considering many now have GSP as postage, and those who indicate "may not" when they do post use normal postage.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Before repaying, I'd be checking if the refund came from the seller or eBay. Often if you win an appeal, eBay will pay you out of their coffers. If never had eBay force a refund from me, so not sure if it shows as a refund in PayPal or not. I know if I'd manually done a refund it does. I have no idea what it shows on the buyers end. 

I'd be checking the original transaction in PayPal to see if the refund has come from the seller and go from there.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply