isnt this blatant false advertising?

Hi E1,

Handsfree Headphone Earphone Mic & Remote for Apple iPhone 5 3GS 4 4S iPad Mini

Look at the Aussie sellers trying to compete against the Chinese sellers of items like this.

In the search results it clearly says $1 however once you go into the listing you will see that you will only get a screen protector worth 3 cents. ( you can buy 3 x packs of ten screen protectors for $1 ).

Hasnt the OFT been made aware of this false advertising yet?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: isnt this blatant false advertising?

Nobody will be aware unless the seller is reported, so report the seller and then eBay will be aware of this situation and if enough member report, maybe action will be taken.

Unless a singularity is reported, eBay/OFT could not possibly be aware of a problem amongst the billions of listings they have worldwide on the site.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

when I copy and pasted that title in to search I did indeed come across some $1 listings but they are definitely for

the headphones themselves. Sometimes the price changes if you select a different colour from the drop down.

I can not see anything about screen protectors. One listing with the same title had a winder for $1 whereas

the headphones themselves were a bit dearer. Can you give us the item number?

Keyword spamming appears to be a popular pastime amongst chinese sellers but some of these $1

would appear to be legit even if they are annoying.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

chezzy just click " australia only "

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

hey chezzy -

OP can't put item number here, only description (a bit like the naming and shaming rule).

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

gottabecareful, its no use reporting. i reported a few of these sellers 2 weeks ago and the same sellers listings are still there.

eBay are here to make fees, not remove listings/fees, especially high volume sellers.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

That is disappointing, but not completely unexpected sadly.

Hopefully enough buyers steer clear until they figure out there little game with keywords is not doing them a lot of good. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

@gobigone2011 wrote:

chezzy just click " australia only "

did that but most seem to be Adelaide..I also selected Price + Postage: lowest first and only 4 $1 listings come up in my results.

Obviously others can see/find it and think it is dodgy or worth reporting. Thumbs up to reporting if it is dodgy/misleading!

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I did everything chezzy did and got the same results.

Couldn't see the fuss.

But if others can see the problem. there must be one

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

all of these show earphones with mics clearly advertised for $1 and free postage.

When you click the second one for example and then select the colour the price then goes up to $5.99. Fraud !

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5039.m570.l1311.R6.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xiphone+earphone&_nkw=...

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply