lengthy wait for shipping of item

I brought an item from a UK seller on the 3rd March, I just enquired when they would ship it and they said 19th March. This a long time to wait? But possibly its an estimate.Man Frustrated

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Replacement rodents,maybe?

Message 11 of 76
Latest reply

Dont even think that way bear LOL

Message 12 of 76
Latest reply

Maybe the seller is allowing for the bad weather.

I'm missing a UK purchase that has most likely been lost in the mail (inexpensive item, no tracking).  When I notified the seller he said he'd send a replacement....as soon as the post office reopens and also (hopefully) he can get out of his house.  They're snowed in.

Message 14 of 76
Latest reply

@michellebartleywrote:

I brought an item from a UK seller on the 3rd March, I just enquired when they would ship it and they said 19th March. This a long time to wait? But possibly its an estimate.Man Frustrated

Some UK sellers have a ridiculously long handling time and in my book, 16 days puts it in that category.

Sure, there has been bad weather in parts of the UK but it's clearing in a lot of places, the worst was several days ago and it is very unlikely to be ongoing as this is March.

The delay is unlikely to be the weather & more likely to be the fact they haven't got the item, they get it from other suppliers.

This is pretty much the sort of thing ebay is going to have to, and is trying to clamp down on I think. If a seller can't (normally) post within a week to 10 days, they shouldn't be on ebay.

Message 15 of 76
Latest reply

It is a long long wait, bordering on ridiculously long. So tempted to cancel but it was at a very good price.

Message 16 of 76
Latest reply

You said a few posts up it said 15 days handling, so if you believe it is  ridiculously long, why would you buy only to turn around and cancel?

Message 17 of 76
Latest reply

wrote: 

This is pretty much the sort of thing ebay is going to have to, and is trying to clamp down on I think. If a seller can't (normally) post within a week to 10 days, they shouldn't be on ebay.

Except that the buyer sees the handling time or ETA (which is obviously extended due to the longer handling time) and then chooses whether to buy or not - why care if the sellers are on eBay when it's 100% buyer choice whether that wait is acceptable? If a seller sells just as much internationally as they do domestically, it makes sense to give themselves an extra week or two breathing space in light of eBay's ETA and MBG, too. 

I think you may also be forgetting that would eliminate things like pre-orders, tailored wedding dresses, made to order stuff, or custom design / made items (these can have up to 6 weeks handling time on other sites - some people are really just happy to wait for what they want, there's no need to take options away from them because others are not ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). 

Message 18 of 76
Latest reply

Springy, have you not read about michelle's unrealistic expectations of sellers before?????

Am surprised if she is not on numerous party lists by now!!!!!!!!

Message 19 of 76
Latest reply

@daydreams_12wrote:

Springy, have you not read about michelle's unrealistic expectations of sellers before?????

Am surprised if she is not on numerous party lists by now!!!!!!!!

I doubt it, because no one on here is overseas and sells rodent food or second hand cages.

Message 20 of 76
Latest reply