possible scammer

anyone else deal with this seller called <removed> ? i bought 4 high powered on the 01/12/13

3 from that listing and a 4th one from one of his other listings that ended up getting taken down by ebay for reasons unkown . the seller just does NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS , and he has already started getting negative feedback from other members with the same issue . i really dont know what i should do ? should i still wait for the items to show up or just put in a claim to paypal ? the whole thing smelled like a scam from the start him selling the flashlights at $15.99

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: possible scammer

just got my money back from paypal . the scamming seller made thousands and is most likely laughing .

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

100% SCAM

If you look at the title in completed listings, you'll see all the other scammers too.

Log on to Paypal and file a dispute immediately.

Escalate to a claim as soon as you can.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

sorry how do i view his completed listings ?

also i want to mention his feedback left and feedback recieved are the same kind of wording ? looks like he has multiple accounts so he can leave himself positive feedback ?

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

All these completed listings from selling IDs with low feedback:

It's an ongoing Scam. The Scammers all leave feedback for each other.

Log on to Paypal and file the dispute now. Escalate to a claim as soon as you can.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

thanks for that info , i have gone onto paypal and escalated them to paypal claims . i checked out them other listings feedback and the fake sellers have made their feedback comments private lol no wonder hey .

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

the scammer has now got 18 negative feedback and looks like it will continue to grow . stupid thing is its saying i gotta wait till 26 of dec for the fake seller to respond then maybe ill get my money back ? the waiting time for this is too long . its pretty evident that the guy is fake why do they need to wait for him to respond ? this is just wasting my time .

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal have to give the seller 10 days to respond with proof of posting before they can close the case and give you your refund, not every claim is valid and sellers have to be given a chance to defend themselves.

Paypal only word it that they may refund you to cover themselves, you will definitely get a refund even if it takes a while.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

ok latest negative feedback is saying the scamming seller sent a tiny toy that he had to sign for instead of the actuall item . what if this happens to me ?

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

This is how these scams 'work'.

Scammer offers hundreds - sometimes thousands - of an item at too low a price.  Say a $75-$99 hard disk for $30-$40.

If/when buyers open an item not received dispute in PayPal - scammer is notified by PayPal and then sends a small item to the buyer. A coin or more likely a piece of costume jewlery or a small toy.

Buyers have to now change their PayPal dispute to Item Not As Described, and escalate to a claim.

PayPay then instructs buyers to return the item to the seller in China.

However, the return address is fake/non existant.  PLUS the cost of sending even a small packet to China by Registered International Mail is prohibitive considering the original money lost (around $30).

If the buyer is stupid enough to send the item back - they lose another $30.

Best thing to do is to call eBay AND PayPal and inform them of the scam and the scammer.  They will know all about this type of scam of course.  However, they will almost never admit this to you.  it seems it must be part of their training.  The end result should be that you do not have to send anything back, and you should get a refund.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

just got my money back from paypal . the scamming seller made thousands and is most likely laughing .

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply