"CASH ON DELIVERY"

I won an item and the main reason i went for the item is because one of the options of payment was "Cash On Delivery" Now Im From Werstern Australia And the item is in Victoria,

When i went to the checkout i selected Cash On Delivery , The Seller has sent me his bank details and wants a Bank Deposit , I sent a message back saying i selected the "COD" option , The message i got back was i can pick it up in victoria if i want "COD" wich has got me stumped at the moment as i live in a different state and bank deposit is not how i wanted to pay.

My Question is what options do i have as the buyer ?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

So, when the buyer goes to pay for it and collect it from the post office, they don't get any protection is the item isn't as described?

No.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

The buyer has no "protection" - the seller might have mailed them a brick,

Coops isn't that a risk with any postage method?

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

The buyer has no "protection" - the seller might have mailed them a brick,

Coops isn't that a risk with any postage method?

Yes, that is correct. What I mean is that there is no "additional benefit" to using COD over another postage method.

In other words, there is no reason to use COD in a misguided attempt to add "security" or "protection"..

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

COD although very expensive for the buyer is fine if both parties know and trust each other. It is absolutely unsafe under any other circumstances.

The seller can send the buyer old newspapers packed to look the same size and shape as the item and the buyer can do absolutely nothing about it as theyv have to hand over the cash before they can open the parcel. The only way they could do anything after that would be to go through the small claims courts in the seller's state and they would need to be able to prove their case, veryv difficult.

The buyer can refuse to collect and pay for the item in whch case the seller either has to abandon the parcel to Aus Post or pay again for it to be returned.

It never ceases to amaze me thar anyone can confuse COD with cash on collection, just what do they think the D stands for?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

It never ceases to amaze me thar anyone can confuse COD with cash on collection, just what do they think the D stands for?

DOH ?? :^O

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

wildilli-0
Community Member
**bleep** like you
Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

wildilli-0
Community Member
Uhhh delivery?
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

wildilli-0
Community Member
Uhhhhhh delivery?
Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

wildilli-0
Community Member
Uh delivery
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

"CASH ON DELIVERY"

Congratulations.  You just confirmed the view of bad Americans abroad.

You are on the Australian boards, and I hope you never decide to visit physically.  

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply