seller is trying to blackmail me, wont issue a refund unless i change my feedback. Who do i contact

Seller is ttrying to blackmail me, wont give a refund unless i change my feedback.  Who do i contact?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

seller is trying to blackmail me, wont issue a refund unless i change my feedback. Who do i contact

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If it is not as described, then open an INAD case with ebay.

They will then have to issue you a refund if found in your favour.

Do not change your feedback until refund is received, when the seller will send you a fb revision request.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

what is INAD where do i find that?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Right side of the page, against the item is a dropdown.

Click on that and select 'there is a problem with my item', or similar.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

option was to request a return, i'm not going to waste my time and money returning it. The **bleep**er can just cop the negative feedback because his product is **bleep** & everyone should be warned prior to purchasing his rubbish
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

If the item was not as described and you're not prepared to follow the returns process, then how do you expect the receive a refund?

Return costs of INAD items are the responsibility of the seller anyway.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Have you used the official ebay return process, or just messaged the seller.

In your orders, locate the item, to the right hand side of your item there is a big blue tab, marked "Return this Item".  click on the Tab and follow the instructions.  You may be required to provide proof that the item is not as described.

EDIT>

Just saw your latest message, if you do not use the official ebay processes, the seller is not refunded their ebay fees.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ahh but tazzie time is money

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

OP seems happy to spend time talking about it on here.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@organjumper wrote:

Seller is ttrying to blackmail me, wont give a refund unless i change my feedback.  Who do i contact?

What exactly is wrong with your item? All you've told us is it is rubbish.

I looked at feedback you have given  & in the neg one, you say the item does not do what it was meant to do.

In that case, you don't have to rely on the seller to refund you, you don't have to change your feedback in order to get your money back, you don't have to pay for postage return. In other words, the seller is not in control here. You can be.

Don't deal with the seller at all. Just do as others have suggested and open an item not as described case. If you can take a photo of what is wrong, good. If you can't, if it is more a matter that the item doesn't work, then calmly state in your case exactly what the problem is eg lid does not shut properly or whatever. You need to be specific, don't just say the item is rubbish as that comes across just that you don't like it, you have to make it clear what it is about the item that is not as described, why you consider it faulty.

You'll be dealing with ebay, not the seller & you'd be likely to win.

If you do win & the seller wants his item back, then from what i can make out, the seller seems to be in Sydney so would have to issue you with a pre paid postage label. Ebay would automatically issue you with your money back if you won the case.

You've nothing to lose. Open a case, get your money back.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply