seller no longer registered with ebay..is my money gone?

ytwo000
Community Member

just got this message from ebay.. (in blue)

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This user is no longer registered on eBay.
bought and paid via paypal 8/12/15. today is 10/12/15..
what happens from here?have i lost my $ ?
PS...item is NOT marked" sent "by the seller.
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: seller no longer registered with ebay..is my money gone?

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@ytwo000 wrote:

Robot Happy..ill give the seller a chance first even though ebay pulled down all their listings and no longer a registered user yep.

Have you checked that the seller is NARU (not a registered user)?  If the seller is no longer on ebay and the item has been removed it should no longer be in your Purchase History.

If the seller is still on ebay and the item is still in your Purchase History then it is a phishing email and should be treated with caution.

If you have clicked on any links in it then you need to change passwords etc.

your spot on lyndal1838....just checked and no longer showing in my bought list. item totally gone.

did a search on seller and it comes up as "not a registered user".

didnt click on any links etc. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

You have to wait to do an ebay claim but you should be able to open a Paypal dispute straight away, I would do so if they have been NARUd and it is a high price item from a zero rated seller.

You will probably be able to escalate to a claim straight away too.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

"ill give the seller a chance first even though ebay pulled down all their listings and no longer a registered user"

If it's the seller who last left you feedback , he may well be temporarily no longer registered because of something trivial and I agree that you should give the seller a chance and suggest you leave it a while longer before opening a dispute.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

viga3886
Community Member
I asked a seller to do a cancel order case but before I saw the message that he did, the case was closed and it said the buyer is no longer registered??? Why aren’t I registered??? Please help!!
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Please start a thread yourself and let this 6 year old one die.

When you phrase your questoin be clear and concise and some one will no doubt be able to offeer you some assistance.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@viga3886 wrote:
I asked a seller to do a cancel order case but before I saw the message that he did, the case was closed and it said the buyer is no longer registered??? Why aren’t I registered??? Please help!!

You are still registered or you could not post on the boards.

Are you sure the message was not that the seller is no longer registered.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply