some one with not enough feed back score. has bid and one our item for sale. what nex do I do.

hi, some one has bid and won our item on ebay. i did message them regarding not enought feed back score(20) to bid on it. some time before it finished. they never responded to thamessage from me. what can i do now. i sent them another message mentioning about there feed back score of only 13. thanks

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

some one with not enough feed back score. has bid and one our item for sale. what nex do I do.

There is no way of blocking members with less than 20 feedback. The only block available by feedback number only applies to those who are not phone verified.

Are you also aware that you are offering cash on delivery as a payment option? This does NOT mean cash on collection, it means you are either going to use Aus Post's cash on delivery service or you are going to deliver it yourself and collect the payment in person.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

@sjj1991952 wrote:

hi, some one has bid and won our item on ebay. i did message them regarding not enought feed back score(20) to bid on it. some time before it finished. they never responded to thamessage from me. what can i do now. i sent them another message mentioning about there feed back score of only 13. thanks

Honour the sale or cop the consequences of feedback etc..

EBay does not allow the option of blocking buyers with low feedback.

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

So what's wrong with 13 feedback? If its all positive then you have nothing to worry about.
Everyone has to start somewhere and without knowing the buyer or being able to find them on your completed listings I would think you may be worrying unnecessarily.

As its a weekend maybe they've gone out, give them time to reply.

I think you are being a bit harsh. For all you know they may pay quickly and leave you nice feedback.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

Trusty is right on this one - you need to honour the sale once they pay

but for next time, you can cancel any bids that you don't want to accept if there are more than 12 hours to go on your auction, and then manually put them on your BBL

To be honest, if you sent me an email telling me I didn't have enough feedback, I'd be a little bit cross and offended.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

"you can cancel any bids that you don't want to accept if there are more than 12 hours to go on your auction"

Sellers can cancel bids at any time including within the last 12 hours

sjj1991952

The furniture the buyer won  is for pick up.

I suggest you give the buyer a friendly phone call to arrange a suitable pick up time for both parties.

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

at a time when many sellers are complaining about zero sales you are worried about a buyer with feedback less than 20???

I notice that the 13 feedback buyer had bid on a relisted item.  What happened with the original listing where the item sold for $210?  I notice that the winner of the original listing had a feedback score of 1.  Did they not pay?  Is that the reason for the feedback requirement of 20 or more that you put into the relisted item?

I am not nosey, I just want to get the full picture surrounding this item.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

rkwm888
Community Member

gee some sellers are getting fussy, when you first joined ebay did a seller say the same thing to you about not having enough feedback to bid

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

Well, I'll be the proverbial cheese that stands alone, then. Smiley LOL

It doesn't matter what any of us think of the seller's terms - if they were stated in the listing (and they have to be in order for them to apply, otherwise disregard my message....), they should have been respected and complied with because they don't contravene any eBay policies or laws.

In fact, someone who does not meet the seller's terms but bids or buys anyway is in breach of eBay's policies and can be reported for auction interference.

I personally wouldn't impose such terms, but I will defend the right of someone to have them if that's what they really want. 

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

I'll be the grapes to go with your cheese Digi - I agree with you, which is why I said about cancelling unwanted bids next time.

couldnt find instructions for how a seller can do it though, only how a buyer can retract - was hoping you would step in with those instructions

you can find anything

Spoiler
a really handy skill to have in airports LOL

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 41
Latest reply