what do I do if a seller cancels an item after I paid for it by bank deposit

fredna1
Community Member

I bought girls close and the seller cancelled the item, but i had already paid by bank deposit. I suspect he does this if you pay by bank deposit because he has other good transactions. he is not talking to me. I have since purchased and 'paid' for two other items to try and get something out of him. he is a newbie - only one month on ebay. i gave bad feedback but he hasn't done a thing. I can start a dispute after 24th - i will

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: what do I do if a seller cancels an item after I paid for it by bank deposit

If you have paid via bank deposit, it's not covered, which is why best to pay via paypal, so that if things like this happen, you can have the money returned to you after lodging an item not received dispute.  The seller already has negative feedback from you, so if they're not 100% above board, they'll probably keep your money and the clothes.

Just looking through the sellers listing...in my opinion, there are quite a few items that seem to be listed as buy it now that one would think is a starting auction price.  Perhaps she's made a mistake with her listings somewhere along the line and hasn't or doesn't know how to fix them or realise they can be revised.  The mixed pack items of baby clothes should definitely be priced higher etc.  It's very strange as she's gone to great effort to photograph everything very neatly etc. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: what do I do if a seller cancels an item after I paid for it by bank deposit

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think there has just been a mistake.  If you look at the feedback you have left you will see that you have left feedback for the same item twice.  Look at the original listings and you will see that one of them has a subtitle stating that the item was relisted by mistake.

I really think you have jumped the gun.  Please pull the sellers details and ring them to sort this out.  I do not believe the seller has done this intentionally.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

yes, thanks. the auctions do look good and HE had good feedback. he wants me to ring him but this costs me more money and is a deflection - it is simple to refund my money in a minute, any shop would, especially when HE cancelled the item

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If someone cancels an item and does not refund the money it is a no-brainer that he got my money and i got nothing. i did on the other irems too and i don't see him making up the damage of keeping my money, ring him to spend more money on an already lost cause - no way, simply he took my money. he looked like a good seller - now you know he is not. The mistake is he took my money - it is not my job to be careful of him because he stuffed up and kept my money - does he not know how to reverse a bank deposit. i have given hbim my bank - he is a grown person. i am not cranky at you - but this attitude helps him to continue his unethical behavious,

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know how to reverse a bank deposit. Until now, I didn't even know that you could.

Chances are that you may end up in trouble here, auction interference - you bought with the intention to interrupt their sales and leave bad feedback,

I'm sorry that this has happened to you, I don't know what to say.

Even if the seller has intentionally done something wrong, it doesn't give you the right to then do something wrong as well.

If nothing else, you have learned to always pay by a safe payment method, but why not do this in the first place?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Does he even know that you have paid by Bank Deposit?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I think it was a pretty scummy thing to do, to buy an item with the sole intention of leaving a neg.

The item you bought and left feedback for on the 20th has this at the top of the listing

Item condition:
Pre-Owned

โ€œSORRY THIS ITEM IS SOLD!!! DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WAS RELISTED AM FIXING PROBLEM NOW.โ€

You originally bought on the 14th. and by the 17th you were rushing in with the negs, despite acknowledging that they were a new seller. You didn't even give them a chance.

I reckon I would have had to think hard about refunding you as well after that little effort.

Scummy all round IMO

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply