what happens when you get ripped off by an ebay seller and ebay and paypal don't care

I got ripped off by a seller for $239 and paypal and ebay have done nothing about it , i am now never going to use ebay or paypal in the future.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

what happens when you get ripped off by an ebay seller and ebay and paypal don't care

Recently I noticed that the sellers change the description of item after / during the bidding is near to end. Postage / item description changes vastly. Also there are so many 'private bidders' who's identity is not known- are we bidding against the seller / seller's agent?

Ebay needs to address these issues and many more as you have experienced. If it is to remain one of the best sites to shop.

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Can they be a bit more explicit.
Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

@2014ausuran wrote:

Recently I noticed that the sellers change the description of item after / during the bidding is near to end. Postage / item description changes vastly. Also there are so many 'private bidders' who's identity is not known- are we bidding against the seller / seller's agent?

Ebay needs to address these issues and many more as you have experienced. If it is to remain one of the best sites to shop.

I'm not certain that your first statement is correct.Some one else may come along with an opinion.

However all bidders id's are "private". Only you & the seller can see your full id.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

Ok newby 2 & OP,best way to get what you expect from a seller is to ask any questions BEFORE you bid or buy.If no answer or not happy with the answer,shop elsewhere.

If you are unhappy with something after a sale,use the CONTACT SELLER option to give the seller a chance to resolve any issues.If no luck from the seller,then open a case.DON'T just be quiet & leave neg fb,the seller will have no incentive to do anything for you.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:

Droll, michelle, droll                    

(given the language in op)

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:

lol Smiley Very Happy

Hi Michelle, you arrived after the mod tidied up the opening post. Trust me when I say, the OP could not have been any more explicit than they were in their unedited post, if you get my meaning (I'm not about to repeat what they said, as I prefer not to get banned if I can help it). Smiley Wink 

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

@2014ausuran wrote:

That first sentence is totally incorrect. Once a bid has been placed it is impossible to change the description or postage charges. If no bids have been placed a seller cannot revise anything in the listing within the last 12 hours.

All bidders identities are kept private from other members. The only person who can see the bidder's user name is the seller.

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

I just got scammed  $47.97 from an ebay seller for 3 items he promise to refund I opened a request he kept on stalling and requesting  my paypal email address and to communicate outside of normal ebay channels to shut my request ,my request expired and i sent complaint to ebay I am a disability carer I have too much responsibilties and  21 days is too little .

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

If you got ripped off, that is your fault. eBay almost always side with the buyer if they follow the rules. As you didn't, that is down to you. You're not exactly an eBay newbie.

Never let a seller string you along past the case closure date. Never use your supposedly special status/job as a heartstring puller. Many of us have actual disablilites, and the pulling of the quasi-disability card doesn't go down well. Nor does it make an iota of difference to how eBay works.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

I am not disabled,I care for a disabled person that I do not live with,no need to be rude !

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply