why do people bid days befoe an auction finishes

why are buyers so stupid bidding on items days before an auction finishes, do they know what a auction is? you bid just before it finishes that the thrill of bidding, then you whinge when you have paid $100s more than normal, start bidding 5 mins before the auction finishes then you might get a bargin,

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Dave has corrected the title of the thread for you.

Message 31 of 57
Latest reply

P.s I use a phone not a computer and for some reason you and many other's that speak of this edit / delete option, it just doesnt exist using a phone even before 5 minutes..believe me I've tried and do ya blame me after this psychological torture 😨
Message 32 of 57
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-saleswrote:

sorry, but I find large slabs of text without full stops hard to read .  Probably because I use full stops as a trigger to breath.  I used commas as my triggers when I read your text, but then it didn’t make as much sense as it should.

So I guess I’m saying I am not able to properly reply to whatever it is that you have posted.

well, here’s the post that first got you hot under the collar.

Note that I started with “sorry” and then proceeded to identify my own failing in finding large slabs of text without full stops difficult to read.  I did try to read your post, and knowing that many posters here also find large slabs of text without full stops and paragraphs difficult, I posted so you would be aware of that . . . . . . . . and I own that failing.

stawka posted in reply to my post to let me know I was not alone.

My reply to stawks then made a reference to “vampire”, and this is a reference to another poster who posts in a way I also find hard to read/follow  . . . . . . . again, my failing (I hope you did not think I was referring to you).

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1325446

They were the only three posts added before you came back today.  When you returned I posted “pass” as I didn’t want to get into an argument with you, and I still don’t.

Spoiler
I start all my posts with a lower case letter unless I start it with “I”.

I also use “eBay” instead of “Ebay” as “eBay” is the correct spelling, even when it starts a sentence.

I always use lower case characters when typing an eBay ID even if that ID is a proper name or is at the start of a sentence.

All of this makes me who I am on this forum . . . . . it is MY style, just like having distinct points in each of many paragraphs in a long post is part of my style.

And I use full stops at the end of a sentence.

If you are interested in what I have to say on this topic, read my previous posts that were added to this thread before your first.

Message 33 of 57
Latest reply

@garcullu-0wrote:
P.s I use a phone not a computer and for some reason you and many other's that speak of this edit / delete option, it just doesnt exist using a phone even before 5 minutes..believe me I've tried and do ya blame me after this psychological torture 😨

when using a mobile, go to the bottom of the page and where it says “Version: mobile / full” and click on the “full” link to be able to edit a post.  Once you have edited a post you can revert back to “mobile” view by going to the bottom of the page again and choosing “mobile” link.

Also, when using a mobile, it helps if you start your posts with “@userID” of the poster you are replying to.  Otherwise, it looks like you are replying to the opening poster.

Message 34 of 57
Latest reply

Image result for up arrowDave, I re-fixed it.  Image result for up arrow

(But garcullu will just reply to the OP and muck it up again.)

Message 35 of 57
Latest reply

Message 36 of 57
Latest reply

Ah got ya..wish i knew that earlier. .too late now for all the other stuff, maybe they'll use this in future English classes. .who knows.

Message 37 of 57
Latest reply

I got to read your post before your edit.

I can see your (now deleted) point of view, but would add that posting on online public forums requires posters to develop a thick skin.

Message 38 of 57
Latest reply

We've all had to endure a few layers of skin on these forums haven't we haha

Message 39 of 57
Latest reply

I'm a nice guy that was just trying to make a difference and that went well didn't it.
Look I've learned a lot tonight and here it stops.
I'm just going to buy my stuff and stick to my tactics and the world be none the wiser.
What happened today and tonight is the reason i don't do social media.
So go for it make fun and have a laugh but remember it'll be amongst yourselves as i won't return here ever again.
Happy Bidding 👍 😆
Message 40 of 57
Latest reply