why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do they

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

cq_tech
Community Member
Probably because the transaction isn't truly complete until the buyer has their item and is happy with it. I'm a bit sick of leaving glowing positive feedback for buyers who then turn around and trash my DSRs because even though I posted the same day it was paid for, AP was slow in delivering their item.
Message 2 of 77
Latest reply

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

In our case it is the last 'event' after we ready your item to be collected by courier or Aussie Post 

It's our way (well one of them) of cross checking that all items that are paid for have been shipped and the tracking number updated. It guarantees that we don't 'forget' to ship someone. 

Print, Pick, Pack, Label, Update Tracking Details, Feedback, then we know we're all good and we can archive away. 

Different sellers will have their own process but just because your payment has been received, doesn't mean the job is over for your seller Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 77
Latest reply

I agree with the OP.

A seller should leave feedback once they have received payment for an item.

It's a thank you for prompt payment etc. they then go ahead and post the item.

A buyer leaves positive feed back when they safely receive the item and they are happy with it.

Unless a seller leaves me feedback first I won't leave feedback for them. 

Feedback is usually much more important to the seller than the buyer anyway.

Message 4 of 77
Latest reply

So rather than wait from between 5 mins to 15 hours (our usual dispatch time frames depending on what time in the 24 hours you purchase) to receive feedback, you'd rather us risk not sending your item? 

Message 5 of 77
Latest reply

"Feedback is usually much more important to the seller than the buyer anyway".

Yes. Which is why I now leave feedback for the buyer after I've received feedback from them. Sick to death of buyers not having the basic courtesy to leave feedback for me after I've left it for them...

Message 6 of 77
Latest reply

It works both ways whiznumber6 ๐Ÿ™‚

When I first started buying on Ebay I got sick of leaving positive feedback for a seller and never receiving the common courtesy of feedback in return.

Now I don't care if I receive feedback or not, (I'd have a much higher total than I do now if I did care), however I ALWAYS leave feedback after receiving it from the seller.

Message 7 of 77
Latest reply

I leave feedback as a seller and a buyer and I don't give a hoot about not receiving feedback as a buyer as it don't mean a thing other than a number and it's not compulsory to leave it.

Message 8 of 77
Latest reply

What is such the big deal about leaving and receiving feedback?

It is voluntary not mandatory and are buyers buying items just to get feedback so when they are bored they can sit and read it so they can think they are the best buyer ever?

Of course it will be all good as sellers can not leave honest factual feedback without it getting removed.

We are all encouraged to leave honest factual feedback BUT that option is only for the buyers NOT sellers.

Sellers are NOT selling stuff so they can get those little green dots and some times red ones to match the green as sellers are there to TRY and make money in the hope they have not just sold to yet acammer..

When a buyer does not leave feedback a seller assumes all is ok as nothing has been heard.

When a seller does not leave feedback it might be because they choose not to as they can not always leave honest factual feedback.

Some sellers have it set to leave when the buyer leaves +ive for them.

Some sellers do it once a week or month or never.

So which comes first the Chicken OR the egg????

Message 9 of 77
Latest reply

Totally agree, I'm the same.
Message 10 of 77
Latest reply