why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do they

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

Okay, thanks for that.  Sounds a lot easier  

I was looking for what Padi suggested, but because I don't know eBay bits and pieces like the back of my hand like everyone else does (never had any need, so haven't bothered going into unknown territory), I was getting a bit lost on all the menu options.

I think there will be quite a few that I will untick.

So nice to know there are members who are just willing to help out.

Message 61 of 77
Latest reply

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

the link padi was referring to appears at the bottom of the emails you receive, not anywhere on these boards.

padi's method is good for individual subscriptions, my method lets you delete in bulk if you have lots of subscriptions.

Message 62 of 77
Latest reply

Yep, I think I remember seeing something like that.

Just as well I haven't 'unsubscribed' from this topic just yet.  More information in one day than I would have thought.  

And, bonus, we've changed the subject!!!!!

Message 63 of 77
Latest reply

@2015dmax wrote:

Let's just agree on, it's always a minority of buyers and sellers that do the wrong thing. I've only had two problems with sellers which were resolved via the right avenues and i was refunded. Every other seller i dealt with i've been extremely happy with which reflex with the feedback i've left but it is frustrating paying for an item and waiting for feedback. Minority of sellers i've had to chase up for feedback up to 40 days + after leaving positive feedback for the transaction. Which is annoying.

Thankfully, the few issues my buyers have had, they have contacted me directly and the issue was resolved amicably. No disputes, no bad feedback. Shame more buyers don't contact the seller directly in the event of an issue, instead of racing straight for the dispute button and irreparably damaging the sellers account.

I normally leave feedback for a buyer once they've left it for me. If they send me a message requesting it, they get nothing and end up on my Christmas card list.

I still can't work out why some buyers are so hung up on feedback. Seems that is more important to them than the fact they bought what they did. Do you buy something because you want it, or do you buy things to get a pretty green dot? Especially when that's all a buyer can get. So you bought something and paid for it. Good for you. I do that every day when I go to the shops. I don't expect a fanfare because I paid for my groceries.

Message 64 of 77
Latest reply

@2015dmax wrote:

. Every other seller i dealt with i've been extremely happy with which reflex with the feedback i've left but it is frustrating paying for an item and waiting for feedback. Minority of sellers i've had to chase up for feedback up to 40 days + after leaving positive feedback for the transaction. Which is annoying.

I can really only echo what a lot of other people are saying, but I want to add a couple of things.

Feedback isn't just voluntary, it is 100% percent the choice of the seller when, how, or if they leave it. You have a choice about when, how or if you leave feedback too, and I personally believe everyone's choices should be respected, no matter what.

I'll also repeat something I said on another thread recently. When you buy an item on eBay, that's what you have done - bought an item. If you want to buy the right to dictate to another person how to operate their business (since leaving feedback for buyers is a part of that), you would need to buy a controlling interest in their business, and just speaking personally, not even my most expensive item I have listed will buy you that from me (a cool mil might, though Smiley LOL ).

Message 65 of 77
Latest reply

I sent several messages to those buyers and got no reply so I wanted my money back but I agree communication is the best form of sorting a problem out. I've never left negative feedback once to a seller and contacting them is the best way for any query. I'm a very fair person when it comes to sellers. As long as I get what was described and I'm not fussy on how long it takes to arrive to a certain degree. I can't believe I've stooped this low being on the discussion board I've got a life and better things to do.
Message 66 of 77
Latest reply

Yeah!!!  All done.  That was so easy when I knew where to go.  I didn't realize I'd been such a blabbermouth over the years I've been a member.

But now, if you reply to me, I'll only know when I get to the boards.  

So if everyone wants to continue with this thread that had a beginning in FEBRUARY and no end in sight in AUGUST, go for it.  

Message 67 of 77
Latest reply

I have a life too, a very busy life. However, I visit here to learn and also help others with what knowledge I have. I have been a lurker for a very long time, but have only recently started to participate. There is a wealth of knowledge here for both buyers and sellers and can save both from heartache by asking the relevant questions. Are you implying that the regular members on this forum are the lowest life form because they voluntarily give up their own time to help others out?

Good to see you try to contact first. Of course, if a seller digs their heels in and either refuses to acknowledge your message or refuses to accept there is a problem when there clearly is, then yes, the dispute process is the way to go. Some people open a dispute to merely ask a question after the sale.

Message 68 of 77
Latest reply

I have always waited for the buyer to leave feedback to let me know the item has arrived safely. Then I immediately leave them feedback. Lately though I get feedback from about 1 in 15 buyers. I think it's a bit rude when the buyer receives their item in a timely manner (I always post within 1 day) and don't bother to leave feedback 😞

Message 69 of 77
Latest reply

@wendshee wrote:

I have a life too, a very busy life. However, I visit here to learn and also help others with what knowledge I have. I have been a lurker for a very long time, but have only recently started to participate. There is a wealth of knowledge here for both buyers and sellers and can save both from heartache by asking the relevant questions. Are you implying that the regular members on this forum are the lowest life form because they voluntarily give up their own time to help others out?

Good to see you try to contact first. Of course, if a seller digs their heels in and either refuses to acknowledge your message or refuses to accept there is a problem when there clearly is, then yes, the dispute process is the way to go. Some people open a dispute to merely ask a question after the sale.

I come to the boards for the same reasons as you. I have learnt so much more here than I could from any where else. I sometimes try to assist others if I have had experience with the subject, as it may save them falling in the same ebay pot holes that I have fallen into.

I also volunteer my time in the real community. Does that make me a "double" lowest form of life ?....Smiley Sad....or should that be lower than the lowest form of life I wonder ????  ............. Any pedants out there   ????................. help      Smiley Frustrated

Message 70 of 77
Latest reply