Is there a way to remove sticky tape from stamp sheet.

Hi there,

I received this stamp sheet on the front of my package the other day and it's completely covered in sticky tape. I am so disappointed. It's not the first time that I've received packages with high value stamps and they have sticky tape stuck over them. 

I know it's becoming a common practise with Australia Post, but is so upsetting for collectors.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way successful way of removing the sticky tape. It would be such a shame to have to throw them out.

Kindest regards,

Debra.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is there a way to remove sticky tape from stamp sheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DghwSC4Enc

I am going to try this after received 50 stamps with clear tape on them,!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRHMMM

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

It took you THREE YEARS to decide that?

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I thought it was a helpful tip.      imastawka_0-1622445353288.gif

Could've used it last week though.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Hi, I had numerous stamps completely covered by sticky tape,  I had tea tree oil so decided to try it on one stamp and it worked to a certain degree.   I soaked others  a couple  at a time changing the  oil.  Some bright colors did colour the oil so best to change oil in between. It takes some time for oil to soak stamp and peeling off sticky tape takes care, I slowly peel off tape whilst stamp was covered by oil, I rubbed the stamp gently in the oil to remove any remaining adhesive then blotted between tissue,  let dry I was surprised with results, most dried out well with no adhesive residue,  the stamps we're probably 12 months old so I don't know if process would work for older fragile stamps.  I had an easier time as the stamps hadn't been initially stuck down only taped.  I hope someone may benefit.  PR

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply