Buyer gave wrong postcode and items didn't arrive, where do I stand?

I used the postcode in the buyer's  address on their Ebay account, but the items didn't arrive (posted a month ago). Now the buyer is telling me it could be one of two different postcodes, as it's a new area. When I Googled, the postcode showing for their address, is the one I sent the items to. Where do I stand here, am I liable to give them a refund? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer gave wrong postcode and items didn't arrive, where do I stand?

My local PO put my postcode into the APO system, instead of the buyer's PC on a parcel I was sending interstate. So the tracking system kept returning the parcel to my local sorting centre instead of sending it interstate. I contacted Australia Post and they organised a human to rescue the parcel from the automatic system and it was finally delivered to intended recipient.

I recommend contacting APO direct and explaining your problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

My local PO put my postcode into the APO system, instead of the buyer's PC on a parcel I was sending interstate. So the tracking system kept returning the parcel to my local sorting centre instead of sending it interstate. I contacted Australia Post and they organised a human to rescue the parcel from the automatic system and it was finally delivered to intended recipient.

I recommend contacting APO direct and explaining your problem.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Does tracking show it as delivered?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

It doesn't have tracking as I send in A4 size envelopes, and don't use tracking, maybe I should after this.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

No tracking and you lose a dispute every time.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Even if I put the correct postcode, and now the buyer is giving me 2 different postcodes? ... I put the postcode she has on her address  on her Ebay account.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

If you cannot prove it was sent, due to not having tracking, the buyer will win every single time over the seller

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Looks like I've learned a lesson here then ... thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I think you have done your money.  No proof it was sent.

On the side of the Postie, they would generally pickup an incorrect postcode of that nature, and are well turned on to the new suburb situation.   But no proof, no backup

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

It might be RTS

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply