Updates coming to eBay.com.au Discussion Boards

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be introducing a number of changes to the eBay.com.au Discussion Boards.

What are the changes?

We’re introducing new ‘Rules of Engagement’ similar to the  eBay.com Community. You can review the new Rules of Engagement below.

We’ll also be making some changes to the current structure, aimed at simplifying the experience and ensuring the Discussion Boards are dedicated to eBay related discussion. These structural changes mean that the Community Spirit and Fun & Games Boards will move to Groups. Having said that, it’s important to understand that both Community Spirit and Fun & Games will still be Discussion Boards with the exact same functionality as exists right now.

Eventually, we’ll look at a ‘makeover’ of the platform which includes a responsive design for a better mobile experience, again similar to eBay.com.

The new structure is outlined in detail below.

Why?

We have an active group of users already using our discussion boards for engagement, education, insights, knowledge and friendship. We also have new users every day seeking guidance, clarity or help from experienced users and/or eBay.

By simplifying the structure and ensuring conversations are dedicated only to eBay related topics we hope to encourage more eBay members to visit and engage in conversation on the Discussion Boards. We’re also looking forward to using the Discussion Boards to better engage with hear from, educate and inform customers.

We’ve seen great results in the both the US and UK on the back of structural and/or engagement changes they’ve made so we’re taking those insights and introducing similar changes here.

Please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts about these changes in this thread. I won't be posting every day but I will check back a few times a week.

Regards 

Michelle

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

I don't understand the continual moving.

It should be across all the boards.

In plain sight - with input from those who intend the changes.

Where are they.

Message 51 of 89
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

I don't understand the continual moving.

It should be across all the boards.

In plain sight - with input from those who intend the changes.

Where are they.

eBay don't answer on the Aus boards and treat us as carp,(by mucking around with the boards they hope to

confuse us).

I find it appaling the way eBay members are treated on this site compared to other sites.

They now also have,(in a new Email received this morning):  frequently asked questions 

These questions/answers should've been copied and pasted on to this thread by them,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 52 of 89
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

eBay don't answer on the Aus boards and treat us as carp,(by mucking around with the boards they hope to

confuse us).

I find it appaling the way eBay members are treated on this site compared to other sites.

They now also have,(in a new Email received this morning):  frequently asked questions 

These questions/answers should've been copied and pasted on to this thread by them,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

What am I missing here? 

That link leads us to GST on fvf's for sellers - nothing to do with discussion board changes.

Sorry if it's a dumb question   shrug.gif

But the bump up won't hurt................wink.gif

Message 53 of 89
Latest reply

I put it on the wrong board,(I had two tabs open and put it on the wrong one),blush-1.gif

Then put it on the right one,but didn't get back to this one in time to edit the last two lines out,give_rose.gifWhistle.gif

Message 54 of 89
Latest reply

Thought it was me for a while there.    pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif      Couldn't figure it out  

Message 55 of 89
Latest reply

Hi all,

Apologies I haven't posted for a bit, I unexpectedly had some time off. Anyway back now and catching up on everything.

I'm hearing from you that the look and feel and functionality of the US boards aren't what you want to see introduced here. We'll give this consideration as we look at a refresh/redesign.

The good news is that as I've stated previously, we're not looking at any drastic changes right now, any redesign is unlikely to happen until next year. 

Regards

Michelle

Message 56 of 89
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Have looked - several times at the US equivalent - sheesh - try finding your way round that mess.

That's probably the idea,(first they hide it so members can't find it and now they try and make it as difficult

as possible to use so even less members will use it).

It happened after the last changes to the boards,so they are probably looking for the same result.

Members will then be stuck with the "famous" Help & Contact,(so they'll get no help at all),tease.gif

Hi go-tazz,

Definitely not the idea to drive people away, we're hoping to achieve the opposite. While it's true that those of you who post here already haven't asked for changes, it's also true that there are sellers we've spoken to who visit the boards but feel overwhelmed and don't post because they're not sure where to start, the few small changes we're introducing next month are aimed at addressing that.

Regards

Michelle

Message 57 of 89
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

lyndal, it's not helping matters when threads commenting on the changes are being moved or removed, certainly not a good look for eBay's "big stick" approach to the changes.

Apologies if moving threads made it difficult for you. We just trying to keep similar conversations together so we can more easily read and respond. I'll try to ensure we're more communicative when changes like that happen in future.

Message 58 of 89
Latest reply

Trouble is that the changes will make it so much harder for new posters. Experienced posters know how to find what they are looking for but the US bourds are so confusing to newbies that it will only make things so much worse.

Latest reply

michelleoz@ebay.com wrote:

Apologies if moving threads made it difficult for you. We just trying to keep similar conversations together so we can more easily read and respond. I'll try to ensure we're more communicative when changes like that happen in future.

It's not "making it difficult for me" that's the problem Michelle, it's the fact that posts and whole threads were removed by the mods making the visibility of the coming changes to members difficult.

Surely the changes should be seen by as many members as possible for them to comment on them.

Were it not for me starting a thread on the buying and selling boards, and Kopes starting one on Community Spirit, then far less people would have been aware of the changes at all.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 60 of 89
Latest reply