**AUTISM / ASPERGERS SUPPORT GROUP**

A safe place for all members with friends or family with ASD

Come and have a cuppa, share your joys, and vent your problems with other people who understand.

I don't know what normal is anymore
Message 1 of 2,234
Latest reply
2,233 REPLIES 2,233

Re: **AUTISM / ASPERGERS SUPPORT GROUP**

Well Miss-Molly I know exactly where you are coming from... 

It was really hard to know what as Aspergers and what was just bad behaviour.... 

All of those things your kids have done are not Aspergers... it is bad behaviour... 

So sorry for your situation.. :-x

Message 2231 of 2,234
Latest reply

ok... who has home schooled? 

Did you choose home school or distance ed? 

What was your experience? 

I am about to pull my son out of his school completely. This term has been a total disaster... no real help at all from the school and now i need to decide what option to take. 

Home school I do his timetable: good points he gets to choose subject that will help him re-engage and will succeed in, bad points there is no OPE at the end of yr12. 

Distance Ed they do the timetable: good points I don't need to design the workload: bad points there are due dates and online web classes that he hates the idea of and will cause arguments. 

If he does not get his OPE he can do a STEP course to get into Uni if he needs to and other courses can be done at TAFE to give him certificates to cover most subjects and those can be done in the next three years while he studies at home. 

if he does Distance Ed I worry that this will make him physically sick again. He has been in such a good mood and such a nice child again but he needs to learn to deal with some stress as life is not meant to be an easy experience. 

I think His psychologist is useless...... he likes her but I don't think she is going to give him what I think he needs. 

Message 2232 of 2,234
Latest reply

My son is in year 9 and does Distance Ed in Victoria.

They give us the work and tell us when it's due, it's up to us when he does the work in order to submit it on time.

Last year he had regular online lessons, but usually only one per week.  This year there have only been a few.

I was really worried a few weeks ago as he had been sick and managed to get a couple of weeks behind.  His teacher assures me that he is ahead of a lot of his classmates and not to worry as they know why he is behind.

We were fortunate in one way, the old school threw him out about 6 weeks before we managed to get into Distance Ed so he was trying to do work sent home in that time and it was ridiculous. Sometimes too much sent home, sometimes not enough. no explanations, just "do this."   By the time we got in to DE, he was ready for the system.

You don't have to be crazy to be here, but it helps.
Message 2233 of 2,234
Latest reply

Thanks for that.... much appreciated.. 

Message 2234 of 2,234
Latest reply