Bali, why do Australians go there?

I heard on the news another 2 Australians died in Bali. Why do Australians go there? We have better places to holiday at right here at home! 

We have great food, fantastic beaches and many beautiful places to go to so why do Aussies feel the need to go to third world countries when we have everything here? 

We are fortunate to have the best of everything why risk it all in a country with standards far below ours.

If I were given free flights + free cash to go to Bali I would decline! No way would I go there under any circumstances.

Support Australian jobs.

Support our economy.

Spend your money here.

Holiday our wonderful country.

How many more Australians have to die over there before people wake up?

Message 1 of 168
Latest reply
167 REPLIES 167

Other people ate the same fish at dinner (it was a big fish so more than just this ladies serving). and no reactions for them.The daughter didn't eat the fish at dinner, it was reported.

The lunch, I think the restaraunt was reported as saying, other people ate the same food and no one else has had any reactions.

The mother was a very experienced, qualified nurse.

Message 61 of 168
Latest reply

This is an updated report:

Bali deaths: Family of Noelene Bischoff and daughter reject autopsy

The family of the Sunshine Coast mother and daughter who mysteriously died a day into their Bali holiday has advised local authorities not to conduct an autopsy on the bodies.

Noelene Bischoff and her 14-year-old daughter, Yvana Jeana Yuri Bischoff, died less than a day into their 15-day adventure on the Indonesian holiday island. Local police speculated food poisoning or anaphylaxis was to blame.

Bali police were advised of the Bischoff family's autopsy refusal through a letter from the Australian consulate.

''It didn't detail why they refused the autopsy,'' Adnan Pangibu, the criminal investigation chief in Karangasem, said. ''Without an autopsy it's going to be very difficult for us to investigate further.''

Earlier, the managers of two restaurants in Bali where the mother and daughter dined rejected claims their food was to blame. On Friday at 1pm, the pair entered Warung Dewa Malen restaurant in Gianyar, near Ubud, and appeared ''happy'' and relaxed, supervisor Wayan Bagia told Fairfax Media.

''They asked for fritto misto, which has calamari, tuna and prawns, and it comes with French fries, and for another dish with fried calamari. And for dessert they had creme caramel,'' he said.

Not one of the 108 other guests served lunch that day had complained about food poisoning, he said. Several diners had consumed the same dish. Ms Bischoff paid 404,140 Rupiah ($38), using her credit card.

The pair returned to their resort, Padang Bai Beach Resort, in Karangasem on the south-east coast, and ate chicken curry, vegetarian pizza and mahi mahi fish at the resort's Buddha Bar.

Resort manager Giovanni Bareato told the family by phone on Sunday that the dinner was not to blame. He had eaten it, as well as the staff, with no adverse effects.

The Bischoff family has denied the pair had allergies, adding that Noelene, 54, loved seafood.

Malcolm Bischoff, Noelene's younger brother, said he felt shocked when Mr Bareato described the scene in the ambulance. ''Her airway was closed, it was so swollen they couldn't even put a tract in. That's what the hotel manager was saying.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/bali-deaths-family-of-noelene-bischoff-and-daughter-reject-autopsy-20...

Message 62 of 168
Latest reply

does that seem a bit odd to you?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 63 of 168
Latest reply

Odd??  Downright weird!

Why would they refuse the autopsy?

Makes no sense

Message 64 of 168
Latest reply

From Victoria

Deaths reportable to the coroner include those that are: unexpected, for example suicide; accident or injury; violent or unnatural, for example homicide; as a result of anaesthesia; ‘held in care’ prior to death, for example in custody or prison; where a doctor is unable to sign a death certificate or the identity of the deceased is unknown.

International

Who determines whether an autopsy is performed?

A physician cannot order an autopsy on a patient without the consent of the next-of-kin. A medical examiner can order an autopsy without the consent of the next-of-kin. Deaths that are investigated by the medical examiner or coroner include all suspicious deaths, and, depending upon the jurisdiction, may include deaths of persons not being treated by a physician for a known medical condition, deaths of those who have been under medical care for less than 24 hours, or deaths that occurred during operations or other medical procedures.

I guess they must already know the cause of death, eh?

Message 65 of 168
Latest reply

Oh no, was it

Spoiler
Bad braiding?

Message 66 of 168
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Odd??  Downright weird!

Why would they refuse the autopsy?

Makes no sense

I dunno, but you do hear of some people not wanting the body defiled (is that the right word?) or maybe it's a religious thing? I think that Jewish or Muslim people have to be interred pretty quickly and "intact" so often try and avoid autopsy. (or maybe I watch too much NCIS?)

dunno, but if the death really was unexpected and remains unexplained, you would think the authorities would need an autopsy, wouldn't they? Even if just to conclude it wasn't some contageous pathogen before returning the bodies to Australia? You know, the Bali version of Bird Flu kinda thing?

Message 67 of 168
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Oh no, was it

Spoiler
Bad braiding?

You're gonna go to Hades,

Spoiler
even I refrained from making a remark pertaining to a one way ticket.... and it is well established that my spot in Hades is well and truly reserved.

Message 68 of 168
Latest reply

Missed your cut and thrust wit, crikey.  Glad to see you back 

Anyway, I'm going to Heck.

Heck is where you go when you don't believe in Gosh

Message 69 of 168
Latest reply

apparently, I'll be driving the bus.

ah well, whatever the cause, I hope that the family are ok and managing as best they can and that this mum and child get looked after.

Message 70 of 168
Latest reply