Boy found unresponsive in car

Boy found unresponsive in car had 'climbed into back and hidden', police say

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/mother-didnt-know-son-was-hiding-in-car-when-she-went-to-work/...

so, he was in the car from say 9am until mid afternoon?

didnt the school notice he wasnt in class?

did they not make a call to a parent as to his non attendence? at which point i would have thought alarm bells would have rung?

they do still do 'roll call' first thing dont they?

johnny? is johnny here? does anyone know where johnny is? no? ok. jimmy, run down to the front office and give them this note (note saying johnny smith not here, please call parents)

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Boy found unresponsive in car

If my kids were absent from school, the school didnt ph me ...... kids are away from scool for all sorts of reasons

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

What about this bit -

Victoria Police today said the boy's mother had dropped her children at school in the morning, drove to work and parked her car, not knowing the boy was still inside.

How could she not know how many kids she dropped off?  What kind of mother doesn't

wave goodbye to the kids as they run into school?

Guess math and stupidity are to blame for this poor kid's situation.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

What about this bit -

Victoria Police today said the boy's mother had dropped her children at school in the morning, drove to work and parked her car, not knowing the boy was still inside.

How could she not know how many kids she dropped off?  What kind of mother doesn't

I was thinking the same thing Stawka

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

If my kids were absent from school, the school didnt ph me ...... kids are away from scool for all sorts of reasons

except 'in this day and age' (i do hate that line but it fits here) with kids getting kidnapped and winding up dead i would have thought unless a parent had notified the school their child would be away then alarm bells should ring. better to err on the side of caution i say.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

What about this bit -

maybe she wasnt paying attention fully to the kids, i dont know. but he obviously did a kid thing in hiding, maybe under a blanket, i dont know.

i just rekon if a kids not in class and the techer doesnt know why, make an enquiry.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

What about this bit -

not one to judge but I wonder if she was on her phone and didn`t notice when she dropped them off whether they all got out(not an excuse by all means so please  judge me)..but I have  seen many people so consumed by their bl....y mobiles they wouldn`t know if something was going to hit them in the face...so sad and I do hope the little boy pulls thru with no medical problems.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

johcaschro
Community Member

I've got to ask this question: Why didn't the boy just open the car door and get out before he collapsed into unconsciousness?

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Yeah.    Thought the same thing.   He's not a toddler.   He's 8 years old.

Why stay in a hot car for that long?

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply