Charlotte Dawson's Legacy

I hope that in the future if not today open discussion on Depression and Mental Illness can carry on...

Thoughts and best wishes to all who loved and cared for and about you .

“Charlotte was a beautiful person physically, but she also had a beautiful soul. She was kind, loving and generous,” Vicky said.

“She was a kind, loving and generous person and worked tirelessly for the causes she believed in.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/family-flies-in-from-new-zealand-to-lay-charlotte-dawson-t...

Message 1 of 164
Latest reply
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Charlotte Dawson's Legacy

((Bluecat)), I am sorry that it is close to home and that I got it wrong .It is important and I really appreciate you correcting me.Thanks for the ((hugs)).Right back at you 

.I'm rushing around a bit today so can only post a quick post here and there .I'm sorry if I seem rude for not posting to everyone here.

Thankyou for your Post ((Llyodslight)), I appreciate that it may not have been an easy thing to do.I'm glad that you did .

PH, I think that Law making something a crime should apply to every adult who commits that 'crime'.

Message 101 of 164
Latest reply

windrake
Community Member

So is this an RIP thread or a platform for mental illness, bullying or people who don't show enough empathy? Or Miss Dawsons legacy????? Whatever that may be, like I really cannot mention the s word.

This poor unfortunate woman is not interred yet but her "legacy" is being deemed on here. Surely her family have the

right to deem a legacy, not someone on social media because they know about mental problems.

Message 102 of 164
Latest reply

Sunrise:Charlotte Dawson's legacy

Published on Feb 23, 2014

The anti-bullying group for which Charlotte Dawson was an ambassador has paid tribute to her work. Reuben Cunningham explains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l94IHH05kI4

here is another Legacy 

Message 103 of 164
Latest reply

@windrake wrote:

So is this an RIP thread or a platform for mental illness, bullying or people who don't show enough empathy? Or Miss Dawsons legacy????? Whatever that may be, like I really cannot mention the s word.

This poor unfortunate woman is not interred yet but her "legacy" is being deemed on here. Surely her family have the

right to deem a legacy, not someone on social media because they know about mental problems.

The thread is titled "Charlotte Dawson's Legacy" - so unless we are supposed to be discussing the contents of her wil,l I would assume it is about considering what part her premature  death may play in promoting a deeper understanding of  mental illness, personal demons, cyber bullying and other issues on which she spoke out during her life..

Message 104 of 164
Latest reply

Charlotte's Sister Vicky (from the opening  post)

“Charlotte was a beautiful person physically, but she also had a beautiful soul. She was kind, loving and generous,” Vicky said.

She was a kind, loving and generous person and worked tirelessly for the causes she believed in.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/family-flies-in-from-new-zealand-to-lay-charlotte-dawson-t...

Message 105 of 164
Latest reply

Time will tell if her death has a long lasting legacy or if the general public will move on without giving those with mental illness a second thought - until the next celebrity with a mental illness dies.

Those who live with, or has a loved one with, a mental illness do not have that  luxury.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 106 of 164
Latest reply

Thankyou TGSE, You explained it well.I hope that you have succeeded where I seem to have continually failed .

Message 107 of 164
Latest reply

when it can be openly discussed without a need to fight in order to do so....then I think some progress has been made ?

Message 108 of 164
Latest reply

Does anyone want me to start a thread to discuss mental illness etc rather than focusing on one particulat celeb?

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 109 of 164
Latest reply

It would be worth a try cat... I wish you would Smiley Happy

Message 110 of 164
Latest reply