Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Re: Coronavirus update

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Communist dictatorship 

Holding Victorians prisoner in their own homes.

Deliberately sabotaging.

philosophical spite and hate.

Sick dictator

Control freak,

Getting a power kick out of locking his subjects up

If this is what passes for respectful and intelligent debate in your lexicon, then I think the only appropriate response is TINFOIL HAT

None of those comments where directed at posters on this forum and some where direct quotes from the media link. If a state leader refuses to follow the advice of the most senior experts around him and his resulting incompetence, actions and decisions result in the death of over 800 people, the destruction of the states businesses and economy and the banning of free movement, gathering and life choices of 6 million people for most of the year, it is fair to question why he made such a mess of things when compared to every other premier in the country.  . 

The fact that you and other supporters of left wing politics don't like having Daniel Andrews failures scrutinised, does not mean it is not justified. Premier Andrews mismanagement is not just affecting Victorians. He is dragging the whole country down with him and he should be held accountable.

Message 2751 of 3,689
Latest reply

"...some where direct quotes from the media link."

Next time you feel like quoting The Daily Mail, you might want to read this first.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail
Message 2752 of 3,689
Latest reply

The comments in the link where first aired on " The Project ". A media mouthpiece for Australian Left wing politics. The fact they where picked up and received media attention around the world is testament to the fact that many believe the comments where appropriate and justified.

Message 2753 of 3,689
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

I had a letter from my daughters doctor giving me permission to spend some quality time with her as she is not coping very well atm.Nothing wrong or illegal in what I did..perhaps private message me before spreading your scarasm thru the boards imastawkaSmiley Sad

It shouldn't come to you having to justify yourself. Some folks should not try and make out someone's doing something they wrong when they don't have the facts in front of them. Sometimes knowing the facts makes no difference to them.  It's obvious that you didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes people for whatever reasons / motives they have just see an opening within what someone has said and decide to take advantage of it .

It's wrong!

As pointed out earlier...............I DIDN'T NAME THE PERSON.

She outed herself.

Scroll back and see for yourself.

Message 2754 of 3,689
Latest reply

"A media mouthpiece for Australian Left wing politics"

Yeah right. With Steven Price on the panel. 😄

Message 2755 of 3,689
Latest reply

Imastawka, you didn't name the person but Nicnacs posts on this board.

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who you were talking about.  It was quite nasty of you when you didn't know the details but it's worth thinking about, isn't it?

Message 2757 of 3,689
Latest reply

Nics didn't post on this thread that she was making the trip.  So anyone not reading the thread she did post on, wouldn't have guessed who it was I was referring to.

She publicly outed herself - not my fault.

Yes it's worth thinking about.... why the Dr's letter wasn't mentioned in the first place, but gave the impression she didn't give a rat's about going through the 'Ring of Steel'.

Seems the daughter's health got better immediately the Grand Final was done and dusted.   Funny that.

If the daughter wasn't coping, I doubt a weekend would fix it  -  whatever it is.

It bothers me greatly when I read about anybody breaking the rules law when we're trying to conquer this insidious virus.

I take the COVID laws seriously as I'm very vulnerable and could be seriously compromised with my health if we don't get on top of it.

I haven't been out of the house since July.  I haven't seen my grandkids since then either.  So is it OK if I just do what I want and everyone be damned?

She's not the only one who's missed her loved ones.

She may say it was legit - now.    But it could also be back pedalling in light of being exposed.  None of us know for sure.

Next you'll be telling me the Sovcits are right.

Message 2758 of 3,689
Latest reply

Nah stawka. You’ve been around here long enough to know how it works. You should have worded your post more generally if you didn’t want the poster identified.
I understand your passion about this, but you got this one wrong.
Message 2759 of 3,689
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Communist dictatorship 

Holding Victorians prisoner in their own homes.

Deliberately sabotaging.

philosophical spite and hate.

Sick dictator

Control freak,

Getting a power kick out of locking his subjects up

If this is what passes for respectful and intelligent debate in your lexicon, then I think the only appropriate response is TINFOIL HAT

None of those comments where directed at posters on this forum and some where direct quotes from the media link. If a state leader refuses to follow the advice of the most senior experts around him and his resulting incompetence, actions and decisions result in the death of over 800 people, the destruction of the states businesses and economy and the banning of free movement, gathering and life choices of 6 million people for most of the year, it is fair to question why he made such a mess of things when compared to every other premier in the country.  . 

The fact that you and other supporters of left wing politics don't like having Daniel Andrews failures scrutinised, does not mean it is not justified. Premier Andrews mismanagement is not just affecting Victorians. He is dragging the whole country down with him and he should be held accountable.

Andrews followed the health and science advice rather than the fed Govt advice.. that's why we have zero cases again today

Message 2760 of 3,689
Latest reply