Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Re: Coronavirus update

I'm just having trouble making sense of it.... didn't it come out yesterday that a security guard also worked at the pizza shop??  so this is a 2nd one???

also, you'd think they would've interviewed the owners of the pizza shop as well. I wonder if they 'lied' too or not, lol

Message 3042 of 3,689
Latest reply

contact to contact within the pizza shop......NOT secondary transmission on a 'surface'
Message 3043 of 3,689
Latest reply

So they based the 6 day lockdown on tbe basis of customers getting surface transmission from the pizza shop between 6th-16th. of  Nov...( which is fair enough) but now it's not the worry that it could've been

Message 3044 of 3,689
Latest reply

yep
Message 3045 of 3,689
Latest reply

back to 'semi-normal' from midnight Sat
Message 3046 of 3,689
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

How is it any different to the vast majority of posters here who support Labor and continually bag the LNP Federal government ? Are you calling for the " Diary of our stinking government " thread to be shut down ?  If not, total hypocrisy on your behalf..

Don't read it so not interested and I have no interest in politics AT ALL.

Many would argue the " diary " thread is valid as it is exposing and discussing mistakes made by that administration. ( fair enough )  It is very obvious that Dan Andrews has made just as many mistakes in his handling of the COVID virus in his state and the costs have been immeasurable, including the loss of over 800 lives.

Don't read it and not interested.

Why is it justified to discuss mistakes the LNP federal government have made ( and yes there are a few worthy of discussion ) but not to question Dan Andrews handling of the virus in Victoria when the results have been so traumatic for so many people ? 

Not interested in politics and as I said mistakes happen and hopefully out of all the mistakes Aus gets on with

get rid of this virus which is with the HELP of what has gone before and if those mistakes hadn't been "fixed" and worked on to prevent further outbreaks then where would we be now.Who knows.gif

I don't care who posts here or what their views are. The more varied the better as far as I,m concerned. But if people feel so challenged and offended by alternate views, they may need to consider whether a public forum is the right place for them. Maybe they should give consideration to  joining one of the many echo chamber groups where their own one eyed view of the world will be encouraged and endorsed by every other participant. If they wish to stay on a public forum, they need to accept others may not always agree with them and may challenge mistakes made by their governments...

It wasn't alternate views or a challenge to mistakes as it was a deliberate and continual attack on a state and it's

leader.

It was as simple as that.Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

Definitely not true. Please provide just one cut and paste of a full post ( not a carefully edited small section ) in context, that attacks the state of Victoria or its people. 

I am more than happy to acknowledge I have provided extensive scrutiny and criticism of the Dan Andrews administration and its handling of Corona Virus, but to suggest that I have extended this to the Victorian community is simply untrue. Wild unfounded claims such as this damage your reputation as a thoughtful, credible poster and  prove the level of respect I have shown towards you in the past.was unfounded.

If you want to redeem some level of credibility, either cut and paste my offending posts ( in full and in context ) or apologise.

Message 3047 of 3,689
Latest reply

@chameleon54wrote: wrote:

How is it any different to the vast majority of posters here who support Labor and continually bag the LNP Federal government ? Are you calling for the " Diary of our stinking government " thread to be shut down ?  If not, total hypocrisy on your behalf..

Many would argue the " diary " thread is valid as it is exposing and discussing mistakes made by that administration. ( fair enough )  It is very obvious that Dan Andrews has made just as many mistakes in his handling of the COVID virus in his state and the costs have been immeasurable, including the loss of over 800 lives.

Why is it justified to discuss mistakes the LNP federal government have made ( and yes there are a few worthy of discussion ) but not to question Dan Andrews handling of the virus in Victoria when the results have been so traumatic for so many people ? 

I don't care who posts here or what their views are. The more varied the better as far as I,m concerned. But if people feel so challenged and offended by alternate views, they may need to consider whether a public forum is the right place for them. Maybe they should give consideration to  joining one of the many echo chamber groups where their own one eyed view of the world will be encouraged and endorsed by every other participant. If they wish to stay on a public forum, they need to accept others may not always agree with them and may challenge mistakes made by their governments...

Re *

RIGHT ON!

Well put and to the point!

BTW: I feel nothing but disgust when I think of Howard and I back Labour five times over before I'd back the Liberals,  But Andrews has stuffed up and that's going to cause major problems down the not so distant track.

Message 3048 of 3,689
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@chameleon54wrote: wrote:

Re *

RIGHT ON!

Well put and to the point!

BTW: I feel nothing but disgust when I think of Howard and I back Labour five times over before I'd back the Liberals,  But Andrews has stuffed up and that's going to cause major problems down the not so distant track.

That's exactly how I feel. Howard is a particularly sad example as I suspect he went into politics for the right reasons, ( Dan Andrews may have too )  but his honour and integrity eroded away with years of power. In the end it became all about getting re-elected at any cost. Instead of leaving a legacy as a competent, safe manager, history remembers him as the Prime Minister who lied to the people. I suspect that will be Dan Andrews epitaph too.

Message 3049 of 3,689
Latest reply

Let us know - when you actually catch up - 13 years - Howard has been GONE.

Message 3050 of 3,689
Latest reply