Dyson Vacuum Cleaners - are they all that? :)

Big W are stocking 2 models at the moment. They are on special for $498 down from $598.

I'd love to hear feedback from those you you who have one.

Thank you kindly!Heart

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Dyson Vacuum Cleaners - are they all that? :)

oh and unlike others it doesnt lose suction, it just keeps sucking the same as it did when it was new

Message 41 of 76
Latest reply

Mine's a DC23 barrel, bought the turbo head with it at the time, that died within 12 months however I rang Dyson in the eastern states and they sent me a new one no problems. Without the turbo head I doubt it would do my carpets easily.

Message 42 of 76
Latest reply

Lis! How are you? โค๏ธ
Message 43 of 76
Latest reply

@tezza0123 wrote:

Hi Cavoodle 

I hope I can help here 

I have been selling Dyson Vcs for about 4 yrs and love them ( I own 3 ) lol

First up , the dc29 (barrel ) and dc 33 ( upright ) the models being sold at BigW are old models that havent been made by Dyson for about 12 months

they where entry level Dysons replaced by the DC 37C ORIGIN ( barrel ) and the DC25 ( upright ) 

the difference is the old models are not on the ball , and the old model upright is much more cumbersome than the new model 

If you have pets dont even look at this model in the barrel because the head is not designed to pick up hair , you would have to add a turbine head for a extra $129

have a look at The Good Guys  this week they have a lot of dyson coming on special 

All uprights will pick up hair really well , in the barrels look at DC54 allergy, animal or animal pro if there are pets in the house

All DC54 models do not have filters 

DC37C has a washable filter

All uprights have two  washable filters 

You said you do sell them.....

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 44 of 76
Latest reply

Tezza thank you so much for taking the time to post that. I have put the DC29 on layby but I will now go back and cancel the layby.

I will look at the other models mentioned and have a look at the Shark.

I appreciate everyone's posts. I have an old Nilfisk which was good in its day but it's super  heavy and the bags and filters are annoying to replace. The cord retractor no longer works which is a pain!

I will check out the other models and make a decision.

Thank you everyone!Heart

Message 45 of 76
Latest reply

@tezza0123 wrote:
Give them a ring , the downfall can be that they usually are the only ones to fix them and they only service them in Melb and Sydney
I would ring them though as they are a brilliant company to deal with
Im happy to answer any questions and im certainly not paid to sell Dyson as a product
I own 3 myself and love the product , as they are easy to look after with no ongoing costs
But there are many fantastic brands out there to choose from

You said you did.....lol.

Message 46 of 76
Latest reply

@cavoodle wrote:

Tezza thank you so much for taking the time to post that. I have put the DC29 on layby but I will now go back and cancel the layby.

I will look at the other models mentioned and have a look at the Shark.

I appreciate everyone's posts. I have an old Nilfisk which was good in its day but it's super  heavy and the bags and filters are annoying to replace. The cord retractor no longer works which is a pain!

I will check out the other models and make a decision.

Thank you everyone!Heart

I replaced my Nilfisk with a Dyson..... you will enjoy the difference....no more bags....Woman Wink

Message 47 of 76
Latest reply

*waves* to Hawk!

Hope you are well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 48 of 76
Latest reply

Hi its been like forever

Message 49 of 76
Latest reply

I had a Nilfisk before and it was pretty good but so heavy and one thing I definitely don't miss is having to buy the bags.

I have to empty the canister with every vac now because of the dog.  He's a Lab and they moult like mad, especially this time of the year.  I couldn't afford to run it if I had to replace a bag.

Joono
Message 50 of 76
Latest reply