Government plans to cull 2 million feral cats.

go-tazz
Community Member

Cheapest way for someone to get rid of an unwanted cat is to release it in the bush,(hence we now have a

major problem due to those irresponsible people).

http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-news/video-national-news/australia-to-cull-2-million-feral-cats-20...

Then you get numbskull's like Bardot "protecting" them,(if they are left alone they will destroy more of our

wildlife).

They need to put some of that wildlife in her hands and then tell that a single cat can kill a thousand of them

each year,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

My OH had cats for years and they were always "fixed" and we've handed in dozens of cats and kittens that

were abandoned because the previous "owners" didn't do the right thing.

A feral cat is one of the most vicious and aggressive animals you'll see and they'll try and tear you to pieces,

(we always had a sturdy metal cat carrier to put them in).

My personnel opinion on cats is best kept quiet,tease.gif

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Government plans to cull 2 million feral cats.

Im not a cat person at all  ..... it shoud be madatory to have them desexed and kept on your own property

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

Silly me thought humans were the most vicious and aggressive animals aout there

Humans cause the feral cat problem

Yet nothing is done about feral humans

Seems rather carppy

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

So, no feral humans are ever punished for their actions?   Hmmm news to me

Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

i have 1 cat, desexed, microchipped, kept indoors allways. she is very healthly and happy, has no wish to 'get out'.

when i was young (under 12) we had cats that would be inside/outside cats and lost a few to being hit by cars. but back then (in the 1960's) it was just the way things were.

when we moved into the country and i had my pet cat bitten by a brown snake, i decided no more wandering cats.

from then to now every cat has been indoors only.

people who say cats need to wander are wrong.

people who say cats and dogs need to have babies to be 'normal' are wrong.

desex, microchip and keep indoors.

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

Im not a cat person at all  ..... it shoud be madatory to have them desexed and kept on your own property

Well, I AM a cat person.......but I entirely agree with you.  

I have two cats....and still manage to have a back yard teeming with birds, lizards, possums and all manner of insects.  The cats are mainly indoor but do spend a few hours outside most days on harnesses and leads.  They don't mind (wait happily for the harnesses to be clicked on) and the critters seem to know they are safe.

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

no comment

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

About 10% of the feral population a small drop but a realistic target considering how hard they are to cull

Photobucket
Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

You are obviously a responsible cat person Amber, wish there were more like you  ...... Every week I see kittens being given away on FB, 'cause their owner/s are to lazy to get their cat/s de sexed  .....  I also continually see ad for re missing cats, again cause their owner/s couldn't be bothered to ensure their animal's safety.

I live in the bush and am only too well aware of the damage that feral cats can do 😞

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

This Amber was given septicemia by a sexed - up Tom who decided to rip into me with claws and fangs.

In my own garden.

Multiple deep scratches- which I swabbed immediately with antiseptic- but the fangs had gone in deep...

His owner, was all...oh poor Monster (yep, that was his nickname) ...you look just like my former daughter-in-law who abandoned him...so he's all emotional when he sees you...

Soooo I am 100% in favour of desexing cats unless there is a reason, not to. As in fancypants pedigree breeding or something of that nature.

The council, did nothing either, even with proof of a pretty feral attack. All sympathy and no ranger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 45
Latest reply