I need some help to one up an insufferable know it all

Hey everyone

I need to know if any Tarjay stores in Australia have public toilets?  I have never been in a Tarjay that had thier own public toilets, yet an insufferable know it all co-worker says that most stores do.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: I need some help to one up an insufferable know it all

Not sure why I am arguing with you on this. It is part of what I do in my profession every day.

You have a job arguing with people?

hahaha.png

@grace.under.water wrote:

@poddster wrote:

Tsk Tsk Grace, do I detect a sweeping statement there?

Just hang around here for a while and you will see that the ratio of male to female, of what are classed as 'know it alls' are heavily weighted towards the female end of the scale ๐Ÿ™‚

Aren't they everywhere?

They are?

catty.jpg

Message 51 of 61
Latest reply

I think lots of stores have them but they are back somewhere, hidden in corner, so unless you ask, you would not be aware that they exist. 

I just wonder why would anybody find it annoying that people ask where  are the toilets?  Or anything else for that matter.  Answering people's questions is part of the job in a store.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 52 of 61
Latest reply

jimmy!  Woman LOLSmiley LOLRobot LOLMan LOLCat LOL

Message 53 of 61
Latest reply

@***super_nova*** wrote:

I think lots of stores have them but they are back somewhere, hidden in corner, so unless you ask, you would not be aware that they exist. 

I just wonder why would anybody find it annoying that people ask where  are the toilets?  Or anything else for that matter.  Answering people's questions is part of the job in a store.

Have you ever worked in retail?  Do you get asked the same question multiple times a day?  Do you ever just get fed up with something and find it annoying and want to whine about it?

FWIW, I ALWAYS replied politely to the question with "We don't have any, there are public toilets just down the road next to the roundabout"

Message 54 of 61
Latest reply

Happy, you've got to embellish the response  Smiley LOL

"sorry, some unmentionable person stuffed it with........... and there was an overflow and the plumber had to wear his waders with a rope tied around his waist so we wouldn't lose him."

"He's fine now that he's got over the hospitalization; but we've still got a mountain of paperwork for the Insurance Co and his apprentice hasn't been seen since".

DEB

Message 55 of 61
Latest reply

Happy - I said the AVERAGE store is 5000m2. I suspect most standalones would be at least 2000m2 which is the size of 4 coffee shops. Not that big really. If they dont have one, then whoever certified the occupancy certificate is liable as they have approved an illegal building.

If yours is less than 1800m2 then their only requirement is to provide accessible facilities. These can be your back of house loos.

But as i said, I havent noticed toilets in any target Maybe cause I rarely need them . but when I have had to ask to use one in my local stand alone, the staff have taken me to a locked, unsigned posted one.

But I bet if there was a complaint they would permanently unlock that loo quicksmart before council planning officers paid a visit!
Message 56 of 61
Latest reply

Martini,  I went furniture shopping last year at the Northland Homemaker Centre

(google that to see the size). It's across the road from the actual Northland Shopping

Complex.

Its a very large shopping centre.  I asked in about 3 stores for a loo and got a sad face.  

I was directed to the Maccas store across the road.  

No public loos there then

Message 57 of 61
Latest reply

Don't get me started on public toilets. There was a laundrymat my mother and I took our dirty clothing too. she went in there to use their restroom, had to go really bad, they said for customers only, but mom had to go so bad, she ignored that, police was called and before they arrived, I went in, put a quarter in a dryer, pushed the start button, and said, "there, we are customers" i was accused of being there to rob their customers and banned from the place. was charged with trespass a year later for going into the dollar store in the same shopping center. they said i had a gun in there. Never did, but facts don't matter to police when it comes to me.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 58 of 61
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Martini,  I went furniture shopping last year at the Northland Homemaker Centre

(google that to see the size). It's across the road from the actual Northland Shopping

Complex.

Its a very large shopping centre.  I asked in about 3 stores for a loo and got a sad face.  

I was directed to the Maccas store across the road.  

No public loos there then

Is that the one opposite the Northland Shopping Centre? If so Freedom has a toilet (or did have the last time I was there - it is behind a screen near the entrance to their back of house area if I am remembering the right store) as does Macdonalds. The other stores wouldn't be big enough I wouldn't imagine and most haven't been touched within the last 6 years.

I think you will also find that there are accessible toilets right at the entry of the mall across the road which are within the required distance (whatever it is).

Message 59 of 61
Latest reply

Apologies. I am posting on my phone and noticed that it is the one opposite Northland shops. So ignore my question.

Isn't Maccas in the carpark of the same complex opposite Freedom? (sorry if I have it wrong - I see a lot of these and they all look the same...). If that is the one they defintely have a public toilet. I have used it.

Message 60 of 61
Latest reply