Insane Couponing

While I was washing dishes this morning, I caught a show on the Discovery Channel........."Extreme Couponing".......which should have its name changed to "Insane Couponing".

In one segment, a woman spends over 10 hours a day rounding up coupons............even at minimum wage, that's $100+ a day she has to save to just break even.  Her house is filled with bottles of dish soap..........how much dish soap does one use in a year?

Another segment showed this teenage girl who cut a deal with her parents, where every penny she saves by couponing is put towards a down-payment on a car.  Sounds like a plan, until she drags her dad into the Piggly Wiggly, and fills a shopping cart with bottles of barbecue sauce.......then doesn't buy anything to put the BBQ sauce on.  She spends over $650 on **bleep**, and saves $610 for her car.........but her folks will be eating Rice Krispies or  macaroni and cheese meals, slathered with Kraft BBQ sauce for years.

If she'd had any sense at all, she would have found a car she liked, and arranged a deal with the salesman........TV ads constantly claim "cash  back" or "rebates" on cars.........she would only have to find a $5000 rebate to fulfill her end of the bargain.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Insane Couponing

@wilk1149 wrote:
Doesn't mean much here as we don't have coupons.

Yeah, we do.  Look on the back of your supermarket docket, or at the bottom, where you get free grog.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
Sounds like TV over there is of the same high quality we have here.Tattoo shows,extreme fishing (**bleep**?) shows about hoarders.Not to mention the bores and loudmouths selling way overpriced junk jewellry,tacky 'fashion' and dodgy home appliances.Makes you really question the intelligence of the population in general.

Happens here too hiccup (hiccough)

Must be a similar demographic Cat Sad

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

@wilk1149 wrote:

Yeah, we do.  Look on the back of your supermarket docket, or at the bottom, where you get free grog.

It sounds similar to frequent shopper rewards programs and a lot like the Coke rewards set up where you enter a code to get points for each bottle of coke you buy then when you have enough you can buy something with the points.  

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

The show is **bleep**. And it's 'extreme' because not many people do it. Some of them spend months saving coupons up for that one day. They'll even scour other people's garbage bins looking for coupons.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

OMG!!!!!         I love that ID

Don't see it working with an American accent though

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

No probably not with an American accent. Good thing I'm an Aussie who just lives in the US Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@polksaladallie wrote:

@wilk1149 wrote:

It sounds similar to frequent shopper rewards programs and a lot like the Coke rewards set up where you enter a code to get points for each bottle of coke you buy then when you have enough you can buy something with the points.  

Nah, scrap that. I just watched some on youtube and it's nothing like what I've seen here.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@far*canal* wrote:

No probably not with an American accent. Good thing I'm an Aussie who just lives in the US Smiley Wink

Yep.  Need an Aussie accent for that one.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply