My Mums update thread

This thread is dedicated to my Mother and her recovery.

Photobucket

On Monday the 4th June 2007, while holidaying in the UK with my Father, my Mother was struck by a van while crossing the road.

Mum spent 88 days in various UK hospitals before finally being brought home back to Australia on the 30th August 2007.

She is currently in The John Whittle Nursing Facility with brain damage

I have set up this thread to keep you all updated on her condition and her improvements and hopefully one day, Mum will be able to read it.
 photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 1,616
Latest reply
1,615 REPLIES 1,615

Re: My Mums update thread

OH Amy .........my deepest sympathies, to you and your family. It had been a long time, im glad your mum is no longer suffering, and you can move forward with your new life, with your children. Wishing you every happiness, lovely. XXXXXXX

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting</
Message 1611 of 1,616
Latest reply

I pretty much never come on to the boards anymore but always checked in from time to time to see how your mum was going. I am very sad to hear of her passing but she is at peace now. When the initial shock wears off you will finally have the opportunity to truly move on and grieve for her in the proper way. I have followed you and her story from the start and my heart always went out to you and you family through the difficult situation you have endured. May you have wonderful memories of your beautiful mum. She will always live on in your heart and the hearts of those who loved her. My thoughts have always been with you and and are at this time. 

Such is life.
Message 1612 of 1,616
Latest reply

I am sorry to hear of your mums passing, it seems almost like yesterday when you posted of her accident.  I was lurcking as I  had not registed on the boards so could not post.

Since then I have followed yours and your mums journey whenever I come into CS.  It has been a long and hard fought one, she is now at peace. 

My thoughts are with you and your family

Message 1613 of 1,616
Latest reply

((((Amy)))  Thinking of you x

Message 1614 of 1,616
Latest reply

josie_q
Community Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your mums passing. I remember following the journey from the beginning. I've not been here for years.  My thoughts are with you. 

Message 1615 of 1,616
Latest reply

Ive thought about this thread for a long time and often wondered what the outcome was .Today I can across a bookmark to this thread I had saved years ago and clicked on it .I didnt expect the thread to still be here but it was . .Sorry to hear your mum passed away  I hope life has been Ok for you in the intervening years .

Photobucket

'I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered . My life is my own."
Message 1616 of 1,616
Latest reply