My computers dying (sad face)

yes, my old faithful is struggling, constant crashes ect.

so last tuesday i bit the bullet and ordered a new box of tricks. ready to go, windows 10 ect ect.

now i'm waiting on delivery but the darn fastway tracking is showing nothing since 'pickup' last friday with 'your parcel is on its way from our sydney depot to our adelaide depot' which it was showing friday afternoon.

how long does it take for fastway to get from sydney to adelaide? i realise the depots are closed on weekends but i bet the trucks dont stop at 5pm friday wherever they are and dont move until monday morning 8am.

there enquirey thing on their website is a nightmare. cant just send a simple email.

so ive contacted the seller, who although telling me on friday the computer was shipped thursday has not even updated my item to show its paid for or sent.

maybe they will tell me where my computer is, i hope so.

ive had to reboot this computer 3 times allready today so i need the new one asap.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

David, Fastway do not live up to their name.....they are very slow.

Despite their website estimating 2-3 days delivery from Sydney to SA I would say it will be more likely to arrive at the end of the week.

Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

well thats not good news

to make matters worse i just fired up my backup laptop and thats got a problem now!

i had it running last week when this one started playing up and it was fine.

it downloaded a large update, restarted and seemed fine.

but today it wont start windows, ive tried 'restore' but that didnt work.

now its reinstalling windows.

looks like thats going to take hours!

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

A good kick might help David but make sure you have

good boots on.Woman Very Happy

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

Which version of Windows is it downloading?   If it is 8 or 10 you may as well leave it beavering away overnight....they can both take ages, depending on the speed of your computer.

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Fastway??!!!    Oh nooooooooo.......................

Glad to have met you David.

Won't see you for a while it seems.     Image result for smiley sad face animated

Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

Otherwise known by it's alias "SLOW-WAY" .....

goose.jpg

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Which version of Windows is it downloading?   If it is 8 or 10 you may as well leave it beavering away overnight....they can both take ages, depending on the speed of your computer.

its windows 10, but it was the free upgrade from windows 7

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Glad to have met you David.

Won't see you for a while it seems.     Image result for smiley sad face animated

oh, now i'm really not happy. i hope they are not TOO slow.

the ebay seller has 100% feedback and has been selling computers for at least 2 years (ive been watching his items for at least that long)

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=pc-tech-pros&_sop=15

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

ok, just rechecked my number on the fastway tracking page and its just been updated saying its with a 'local delivery agent' for delivery.

doesnt say if that 'local' is like wallaroo local or adelaide local.

i hope its wallaroo.

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply