My computers dying (sad face)

yes, my old faithful is struggling, constant crashes ect.

so last tuesday i bit the bullet and ordered a new box of tricks. ready to go, windows 10 ect ect.

now i'm waiting on delivery but the darn fastway tracking is showing nothing since 'pickup' last friday with 'your parcel is on its way from our sydney depot to our adelaide depot' which it was showing friday afternoon.

how long does it take for fastway to get from sydney to adelaide? i realise the depots are closed on weekends but i bet the trucks dont stop at 5pm friday wherever they are and dont move until monday morning 8am.

there enquirey thing on their website is a nightmare. cant just send a simple email.

so ive contacted the seller, who although telling me on friday the computer was shipped thursday has not even updated my item to show its paid for or sent.

maybe they will tell me where my computer is, i hope so.

ive had to reboot this computer 3 times allready today so i need the new one asap.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

It should be backwards compatible, so, yes,  but I think it slows it down a tad??

Mebbe someone else knows more.

Message 21 of 47
Latest reply

computer.jpg

Message 23 of 47
Latest reply

ok, that explains it pretty good.

i dont have anything that runs with USB3, my printer, scanner, mouse and keyboard ect are all USB2 with of course USB2 cables.

just had a quick panic attack id need a load of new cables or adapters to get things plugged in.

the old puter has 8 USB2 sockets and the new has 2 USB3 and 4 USB2.

i have a hub thing hooked to the back that gives me extra spots. but that is also USB2.

i was thinking of installing a second 2TB hard drive inside the computer but just the drive is about $150

i notice JB HIFI has 2TB external drives for $90, seems a much cheaper option and its USB3 allready.

Message 24 of 47
Latest reply

Just keep in mind that an external drive, because it has to go through the port connection, (hub thingie) will be slower.

I have a 6 port hub thingie, but I only use it to recharge things.

I have lots to recharge, lol

Message 25 of 47
Latest reply

well the second hard drive either inside or outside is just for backup really, copy of everything so should the main hard drive cack as has happened at least 3 times in 10 years with this computer (and i think might be happening now) i dont lose my music, videos and photoas ect.

2TB is way over the top but 1TB drives arnt much cheaper.

Message 26 of 47
Latest reply

Yes, but you only get USB2 speed.

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply

ITS HERE!!

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG