Not very neighbourly

legarlu
Community Member

The family has a vacant block of land and every few years council sends a letter advising that it is overgrown and needs clearing, usually after someone makes a complaint to council.  Just recently a letter from council was received.    We would like to build a house in the very near future and I suggested to join a local face book page to get a feel of the community in the area.    I joined the FB group  and there was a pic of our  block of land posted by  someone replying to a post about getting foot paths in the area cleared.  The person who posted the pic apparently lives in  the house next door and made a complaint to council.  Fair enough I wouldn't like to live next door to a property that was overgrown.   We complied with council and had the property cleared.   The contractor that cleared the land sent pictures of the job done.    Just recently a family member was visiting the area and dropped by  to take a look at the land and a few weeks after it was cleared there is now plants and tree branches  dumped on the block.    

The plants and branches are the same variety as the next door neighbour.   Looking at pics taken after clearing by the contractor it is obvious that the dumped material is from the neighbour that complained.

I have contacted the landlord and made a complaint about what his tenants have done.  He replied that he isn't responsible for his tenants.

Can't comprehend how someone complains to council about the overgrown land next door and then after it is cleared dumps their garden cuttings.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Not very neighbourly

@legarlu wrote:

The family has a vacant block of land and every few years council sends a letter advising that it is overgrown and needs clearing, usually after someone makes a complaint to council.  Just recently a letter from council was received.    We would like to build a house in the very near future and I suggested to join a local face book page to get a feel of the community in the area.    I joined the FB group  and there was a pic of our  block of land posted by  someone replying to a post about getting foot paths in the area cleared.  The person who posted the pic apparently lives in  the house next door and made a complaint to council.  Fair enough I wouldn't like to live next door to a property that was overgrown.   We complied with council and had the property cleared.   The contractor that cleared the land sent pictures of the job done.    Just recently a family member was visiting the area and dropped by  to take a look at the land and a few weeks after it was cleared there is now plants and tree branches  dumped on the block.    

The plants and branches are the same variety as the next door neighbour.   Looking at pics taken after clearing by the contractor it is obvious that the dumped material is from the neighbour that complained.

I have contacted the landlord and made a complaint about what his tenants have done.  He replied that he isn't responsible for his tenants.

Can't comprehend how someone complains to council about the overgrown land next door and then after it is cleared dumps their garden cuttings.

The only obvious thing is that It takes you years to clean up but only weeks to whinge.. I wonder how much of your plant and tree branch cuttings fell over the fence in the years prior and when your contractor cleared the years of neglect you inflicted on your neighbours.... I bet ....54 cents that your "trouble" with your neighbours whether tenant or landlord has only just begun...

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:
were the branches overhanging the fence before being cut?

op said     weeds    plants  and trees.    In other words looked like an eyesore.   

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

from the Opening Post:

Just recently a family member was visiting the area and dropped by to take a look at the land and a few weeks after it was cleared there is now plants and tree branches dumped on the block.    

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

That is totally irrelevant; if their tree hangs over the fence, they are still responsible for removing them.  Even if the owner of the next door property cut them, they actually have to return them to their legal owner. 

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@*kazumi* wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

That is totally irrelevant; if their tree hangs over the fence, they are still responsible for removing them.  Even if the owner of the next door property cut them, they actually have to return them to their legal owner. 

I certainly do.  Next door can have their branches back.  I've got enough to fill my own green bin, ta very much.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply