Our Personalities

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post this, but I decided to do so.

Below is a link to a free Personality Test that takes about 12 minutes to complete. Normally I would steer clear of these types of tests, but I am stunned by the accuracy of the report on the test I completed. It also helped me understand a little more about the reasons why we react and respond differently to various things e.g. current affairs, news reports, life events etc.

The link is for anyone who might be interested in completing the test. The Take A Free Test tab is at the bottom left of the page:

https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Our Personalities

It takes all sorts. The place would be pretty boring if we where all the same......Logically speaking of course....Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

I came up as :

Consul. lol

Message 12 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

I'm already finding it interesting that of those who have shared their results, we have:

3 Sentinels

1 Analyst

1 Diplomat

0 Explorers (who I think are most extroverted)

It just shows how diverse we are.

Message 13 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

I didn't take the test but I've got a couple of books with personality tests in them and while they're both different tests, I come up with the same results for both.  I'm a bit of a risk taker but I also have a conservative side that holds me back from taking too many risks. 

My main characteristic is that I like to analyse everything.  I've had people tell me not to analyse everything but it's impossible not to!  I just can't stop.  It's who I am!!

I've always been quite logical, except when I had bad adrenal problems for a few years (the logical part of the brain shuts down as soon as you start to produce adrenalin, and I sure missed being able to think clearly!).

chameleon, there's nothing wrong with daydreaming.  A lot of people think it means aimless thinking but a lot of top companies like to employ people who daydream because they're the ones who come up with new ideas and products.

Message 14 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

Well, I did the test and pretty much disagreed with it, but the questions weren't very logical and some were quite 'ambiguous', for lack of a better word.

My tendency was to analyse the questions and see more than one possible meaning in them, or to say "Well, that would depend on the situation" - for some situations I'd strongly agree, for others I'd strongly disagree, so how do they judge your answer to such a wide open question?

Oh, and they can't even spell extrovert!

Message 15 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

Apparently i am slightly over weight and spend far too much time online!

now to do the test......LOL

Message 16 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

152175371370918098.png

Message 17 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@not_for_sale2024wrote:

I'm already finding it interesting that of those who have shared their results, we have:

3 Sentinels

1 Analyst

1 Diplomat

0 Explorers (who I think are most extroverted)

It just shows how diverse we are.

Perhaps all of the explorer types are out exploring and doing extroverted stuff and its just the introverted ones sitting at home chatting on the computer where we can be a bit hidden & anonymous. Seems most of the personality types here score higher than average on the introverted scale.

Message 18 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@chameleon54wrote:

Logitian for me. Only 3% of the population apparantly. The description is fairly close with a couple of exceptions. I dont daydream and I,m not afraid of failure ( heck I,ve had plenty of practice with that one......Smiley Very Happy  ) Other than those two anomolies the survey nailed my personality.

Helps explain some of my posts on here.........Smiley Wink

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

HAHA ME Too!

maybe you have autism too chameleon?

Message 19 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

Capture.PNG

I don't really agree with this, I am 90% introverted....how much of an adventurer can I be? lol

Message 20 of 75
Latest reply