Our Personalities

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post this, but I decided to do so.

Below is a link to a free Personality Test that takes about 12 minutes to complete. Normally I would steer clear of these types of tests, but I am stunned by the accuracy of the report on the test I completed. It also helped me understand a little more about the reasons why we react and respond differently to various things e.g. current affairs, news reports, life events etc.

The link is for anyone who might be interested in completing the test. The Take A Free Test tab is at the bottom left of the page:

https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Our Personalities

@not_for_sale2024wrote:

I'm already finding it interesting that of those who have shared their results, we have:

3 Sentinels

1 Analyst

1 Diplomat

0 Explorers (who I think are most extroverted)

It just shows how diverse we are.

Kopes says he's a Defender, and I forgot to mention that's what I am (apparently)

Snap, Kopes.

Message 21 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

Great minds.........................hahaha

image host
Message 22 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

flirty3-smiley.gif

Message 23 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

These personality tests are not intended to 100% capture the personality of an 'individual'. They supposedly reveal the personality 'types' we have. Personally, I would be upset if my results described me 100%. I would feel common, insignificant and anything but unique. I suspect it is a fluke or a matter of perception if anybody thinks the test got it 100% correct. I doubt there are two people on the planet who have exactly the same personality; even identical twins don't.

I have spoken to a number of psychologists in my work who administer similar personality tests. They explained to me that some questions are intended to be specific and others more ambiguous. The reasons behind this include a safeguard to identify when the person may be responding dishonestly, or providing responses that they think are the preferred or correct ones. Some specific and vague questions are frequently related. I suspect thinking too deeply about the test has the potential to do one's head in. The test is not based on an exact science, but can be interesting and useful for some people.

Message 24 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@davidc4430wrote:

@chameleon54wrote:

Logitian for me. Only 3% of the population apparantly. The description is fairly close with a couple of exceptions. I dont daydream and I,m not afraid of failure ( heck I,ve had plenty of practice with that one......Smiley Very Happy  ) Other than those two anomolies the survey nailed my personality.

Helps explain some of my posts on here.........Smiley Wink

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

HAHA ME Too!

maybe you have autism too chameleon?

I'm also a Logitian. 

I did question a couple of the questions and what my answer would be. Even though you think you are being truthful, it is from your prospective and it may be muddled.

An example could be. You might be convinced that you're the life of the party.

However everyone else may consider you to be a  nuisance.

With a couple of the questions,  I asked my wife for her opinion, particularly relating to the degree of my answer.

I did the test twice, once on my own and the other with my wife's input.

Both times I got Logitian, with only one or two points difference.

Found it to be fairly accurate.

Message 25 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

seems logicians can't spell

Message 26 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

mine says pedant...total rubbish

Message 27 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@peteepiewrote:

mine says pedant...total rubbish

LOL...

Logicians are supposed to be "innovative inventors". Maybe they have invented a better spelling for the word because to them is appears logical. Who are we to question!

Message 28 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

What - anomoly - anomaly.

LOL.

Could be accurate.

Message 29 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

i wonder how it works on compulsive liers

Message 30 of 75
Latest reply