Our Personalities

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post this, but I decided to do so.

Below is a link to a free Personality Test that takes about 12 minutes to complete. Normally I would steer clear of these types of tests, but I am stunned by the accuracy of the report on the test I completed. It also helped me understand a little more about the reasons why we react and respond differently to various things e.g. current affairs, news reports, life events etc.

The link is for anyone who might be interested in completing the test. The Take A Free Test tab is at the bottom left of the page:

https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Our Personalities

making a 'general' comment about anything, bad maths, not knowing historical facts perfectly.....or how some people are bad spellers is fine.

its when someone uses the 'you cant spell' or 'you dont know carp about...' against one person, making it a personal comment about the other person, that where i think people get annoyed.

some can take niggly critisisms others cant.

i'm in the 'cant' camp more than the 'can' camp

but that comes with my life, how i'm put together.

i dont get violent, it just hurts.

i think most of us would be living under a rock if we didnt know that these days 'mental health' problems are being recognised much more than they ever were in the past.

i for one an glad, not everyone with a mental health problem stands out like a beacon. prolly the only way most of a knew someone had a problem in years gone by was when they exploded in a very public way.

i would think 90% of us who do have an issue live our lives and no one can tell we are any different to anyone else.

we go about our daily lives trying to NOT be noticed.

Message 51 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@imastawkawrote:

Related image

As part of the Grammar Police, I sit here and cringe at a lot of the spelling on forums.

I was raised by a school teacher mum and got my knuckles rapped everytime I spelt something incorrectly or got the grammar a tad warped as well.

But I've learned that not everyone can help how they spell.  It's not ignorance, it's just that they simply don't know (or care) 

And who really cares as long as the meaning comes across?

I kinow I stuff up as well sometimes.

Having said all that, I love how this thread has developed, and I hope no-one has seriously taken offence at the digs by some others.

After two comments regarding my spelling, I posted why I have some difficulty. Mostly the explanation will suffice,

This was not to be.  

When people first make a comment, as in this case, I understand that it's impossible to know, and may think it is funny,

I'm not offended at all. 

(Fact is I often will laugh,  a person spending so much time proof reading to discover one incorrect word, and  posts about  it.  

Hey, just thought, wouldn't it be funny if I began to correct other posts, Smiley LOL being dyslexic and all.) Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

However, when a person is aware, and persists, It does not take long for it to become both personal and offensive,  and as such, warrants an appropriate reply, and ones that I make no apologies for.

If my replies offended others, my apologies.

Thanks

Trav Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

We are all different, we all have things about us that make us different.

being different is good.

if we didnt have people who were different i suspect we might still be living like neanderthals.

look at the recent departure from planet earth of Stephen Hawkings, who would call him anything but Brilliant?

but he certainly was different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZ-IxZ46ng

Message 53 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

Trav,  I cringe, I chuckle, but I don't correct or have a go.

My grandson (11 yo)  is on the autism spectrum.   He's academically brilliant, but struggles

with day to day chores.  He forgets how he did it yesterday.

So, who am I to judge?

Message 54 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@imastawkawrote:

Trav,  I cringe, I chuckle, but I don't correct or have a go.

My grandson (11 yo)  is on the autism spectrum.   He's academically brilliant, but struggles

with day to day chores.  He forgets how he did it yesterday.

So, who am I to judge?

Your last sentence.

I was going to ask you how my grammar was going, on a scale of between 1 and 10. Smiley LOL

Message 55 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

I sometimes correct posters' grammar or spelling, but that's because I think they would want to know.

I would.

Everyone, feel free to correct my spelling/grammar anytime. (Although it's probably my fingers' fault on the keyboard...........esp after a few cups of sake) Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 56 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@kopenhagen5wrote:

I sometimes correct posters grammar or spelling, but that's because I think they would want to know.

I would.

Everyone, feel free to correct my spelling/grammar anytime. (Although it's probably my fingers' fault on the keyboard...........esp after a few cups of sake) Smiley Very Happy

I can see where you are coming from. 

I'm not sure you would, if you were aware that the person had a problem, and assume you would be a little more respectful.

If you were to correct me, I would have to read it 62 times before I got it.Smiley Happy

Trav

Message 57 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

Kopes, ol' buddy, ol' pal.....I might just take you up on that.

Spoiler
I like to live dangerously   runnscissors.gif

Message 58 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

@kopenhagen5wrote:

I sometimes correct posters' grammar or spelling, but that's because I think they would want to know.

I would.

Kopes - you are totally - on notice.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 59 of 75
Latest reply

Our Personalities

But we've gotta cut some slack there.  

The guy was born in Denmark and grew up in Japan.

I'd hate to try either language.

Message 60 of 75
Latest reply