Rainbows

Does anybody know if eb intends making a tool available to alter profile pics to include a rainbow, as facebook has done worldwide? The tool is dedicated to the U.S. amendment to allow same sex marriage that the whole world is meant to embrace, .. apparantly.  Supporters of this amendment can show their support by altering their profile pic to include this rainbow.  Would be great if eb did follow fb on this, it would be another great tool in deciding where to shop, and where not to.

Message 1 of 111
Latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Rainbows

@thecatspjs wrote:

Interesting article that seems relevant on corporate responsibility - food for thought and/or discussion and/or nuthing.

“the new imperative for business leaders will be to embrace the idea that the viability of their businesses depends on solving the world’s most pressing societal issues.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2015/01/05/how-companies-can-become-more-socially-...

Some of that seems a bit like dressed up damage control (I'm looking at you, Nestle), but I do like #7 (be disruptive).

Wouldn't it be neat if eBay hosted local trash and treasure markets (i.e. second hand goods only), then donated the profits to help global communities. 

Message 91 of 111
Latest reply

Just food for thought.

Don't hold the views of the article, but it is current affairs in trading - even though on these boards you would never know it Cat LOL

The OPs topic certainly has led to me learning a bit more about eBays practice, for that I am thankful.

I note that many traders, including eBay- and those individuals selling and buying on and off eBay - already regularly or irregularly contribute to charities of their choice or support social action campaigns via donations, signing petitions, purchasing products or sharing a status etc etc etc.

Maybe eBay could more visibly promote its values, such as its corporate and employee support of marriage equality, as it did with its banning of products with confederate flag, by email or by noticeboard posting. 

I'd also be happy to participate in trash and treasure sale, where all (or increased) final value fees were directed to a worthy (IMO) cause or campagin as I am sure others would be too. .

Message 92 of 111
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I could change my name to Sir Prise

I don't mind wht you call me, as long as it's not Sir Plus (to requirements)

Message 93 of 111
Latest reply

@skyrider12-au wrote:

Does anybody know if eb intends making a tool available to alter profile pics to include a rainbow, as facebook has done worldwide?

No.

The tool is dedicated to the U.S. amendment to allow same sex marriage that the whole world is meant to embrace,

It's up to each individual to make up their own mind,(no government will make them do what they don't want to do).

.. apparantly.  Supporters of this amendment can show their support by altering their profile pic to include this rainbow. 

eBay have no control over the discussion boards as they are run by Lithium and users can change their own profile

picture to show their support,(so they don't need one for on here).

The discussion boards are only known by 3% of eBay members so that would severely limit your buying.

Would be great if eb did follow fb on this, it would be another great tool in deciding where to shop, and where not to.

How?

Sellers don't have a profile photo on their listings,(you would need to go to their feedback page to see if they have one).

IMHO I don't think many would change from what they currently have as they are simply trying to sell stuff to as many

people as possible,(why make a "statement" that could impact on that?)

They have enough stuff that needs fixing that they wont/can't fix so we don't need something else they can stuff up.

It wont make economic sense to them so there is no need to have it.

Facebook is more a chat and interaction site where as eBay is purely a selling site with limited people interaction,(which is mostly

limited to messages).

Message 94 of 111
Latest reply

haaa haaa "dark matter" could also be "Pooooos".    Just a thought.  mmmmmmmm

Message 95 of 111
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I see the trading boards haven't changed blink_a.gif

Joono
Message 96 of 111
Latest reply

no they sure haven't Joono ...

*sigh*

Message 97 of 111
Latest reply

How are you doing Cats?  You are holding up well 😄

Joono
Message 98 of 111
Latest reply

Pretty good thanks Cat Very Happy    Though a little disappointed @ the relocation of this thread from trading Cat Indifferent

I do try my best Cat LOL

Message 99 of 111
Latest reply

Odd really isn't it as you'd think the thread had pretty much run it's course anyway.

I love your avi by the way LOL

Joono
Message 100 of 111
Latest reply