Rainbows

Does anybody know if eb intends making a tool available to alter profile pics to include a rainbow, as facebook has done worldwide? The tool is dedicated to the U.S. amendment to allow same sex marriage that the whole world is meant to embrace, .. apparantly.  Supporters of this amendment can show their support by altering their profile pic to include this rainbow.  Would be great if eb did follow fb on this, it would be another great tool in deciding where to shop, and where not to.

Message 1 of 111
Latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Rainbows

@thecatspjs wrote:

@Pretty good thanks Cat Very Happy    Though a little disappointed @ the relocation of this thread from trading Cat Indifferent

I do try my best Cat LOL

The mods must have thought we needed a bit of biffo over here, lol. Been a bit quiet lately.

Message 101 of 111
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

I see the trading boards haven't changed blink_a.gif

lol, was thinking the same.

Well I hope the rainbow avis on facebook arent a real indication of how much support there is for gay marriage, only 10% of my friends have rainbowed their photos. One has rainbowed his in footy colors which I thought was pretty cool. Personally I think those facebook avi trends are stupid so I dont participate.

Will ebay bring something similar in? I doubt it, it would be even more pointless here.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 102 of 111
Latest reply

Holidays (self imposed or otherwise) do have that effect  Woman Wink

Message 103 of 111
Latest reply

@watta*drama*queen wrote:

Holidays (self imposed or otherwise) do have that effect  Woman Wink

So I've noticed lol.

It's actually quite nice to venture an opinion without getting attacked for it.

Message 104 of 111
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:
Just because someone decides to use the rainbow on their Facebook page, it DOESN'T necessarily indicate a support for marriage equality. It is more about the "influence" people have and Facebook Marketing is studying who makes the change, when the change is made (dependent on interactions with many other pages) AND when their friends also adopt the rainbow ......... there is an algorithm to detect this. So a person can simply adopt the "rainbow" to see how much of a 'leader' they feel they can be OR adopt the rainbow as they want to be seen to be like their fb friends OR simply adopt it to show their stance and happiness at the situation OR not adopt the rainbow to purposely not participate in Facebook marketing ............. but don't be concerned about who does or doesn't adopt the rainbow, because Facebook are monitoring it very closely and have tapped into motivation and will use the information accordingly. But it's important to understand what is behind this as it is for me to understand that it's a possibility some people might discriminate because of a type of picture ........ but then again, I guess some people might also not buy from you if they don't like your ID; who knows.

Were All Those Rainbow Profile Photos Another Facebook Study?

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/06/were-all-those-rainbow-profile-photos-another-...

Message 105 of 111
Latest reply

RAINBOW.jpg

Does this mean that heaven approves?

Erica

Message 106 of 111
Latest reply

brian magic beer.png

Here's to rainbows.

Message 107 of 111
Latest reply

Beautiful

beautiful.jpg

Joono
Message 108 of 111
Latest reply

Personally I refused to bow to pressure and rainbow my profile on fb.
I was harrassed in a group for my decision lol. (I was evicted for my refusal) petty.
My support of gay marriage is not affected .
Message 109 of 111
Latest reply

I'd be quite happy to do the rainbow thing with my profile pic - only for some reason it's vanished into the ether, and I can't work out how to get it back or replace the grey squares that are there now for love nor money..... not that it matters much, coz really, who even looks at the who's following who page - back in the good old days of About Me pages (why is there STILL a red and blue "me" sign next to my feedback score??), you could,if you so chose, express your opinion / allegence / opposition to just a about anything.

Message 110 of 111
Latest reply