Right or wrong to yell at someone's screaming kid at a restaurant?

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/owner-of-marcys-diner-in-portland-praised-for-yelling-at-screa...

THE owner of an American diner who yelled at a screaming child is being praised on social media for taking a stance against parents who ignore their children when dining out.

“Allowing your child to carry on and disrupt a restaurant without any consideration of others, is classless!!!!! I also doubt their child is traumatised. Kid is probably in shock from hearing another adult act like an adult in charge.”

“The owner is an absolute lunatic and screamed in the face of my almost two-year-old child because she was crying ... You have a problem with a child crying then you are not suitable to run a business,” she wrote.

“If it bothers you so much you should have spoken to me and not traumatised my child by screaming in her face. May karma bite you in the a**.”

Choose a side. Go

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Right or wrong to yell at someone's screaming kid at a restaurant?

Hmm depends but working in a shopping centre all day it never ceases to appaul me how some people let their kids scream at the top of their lungs... just wrong they deserve to be asked to leave unless there is some reason its dreadfull
Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

I will tell a child off if they misbehave in my house, Dont know if I would tell some ones child in a restaurant, I may try to claim them down.

Saw a little boy today crying and screaming in a shop, I told him I know how you feel I want to scream and cry some times, his father said he wanted to do the same.

He had hurt his finger so I managed to find a plaster in my handbag and that stopped the screaming any way.

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

I would have made a balloon animal. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

I've just read the link, but since none of us was there and the mother and restaurant owner have both given completely different accounts of what actually happened, I don't think any of us is in a position to judge who was right and who was wrong.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

I've just read the link, but since none of us was there and the mother and restaurant owner have both given completely different accounts of what actually happened, I don't think any of us is in a position to judge who was right and who was wrong.

What other information do you need?

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

I may try to claim them down.

sounds like a good idea

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

Choose a side. Go

i'm with the social media on this.

support the owner.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

What other information do you need?

Well for a start it would be helpful to know whose version of events was correct.

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

I feel a 2 year old is old enough to understand that they don't act that way in a restaurant......where others are trying to enjoy their meal.

I recall taking one of my children out of a restaurant and to the car to have a nice, long talk.  And, another time we visited the restroom of a grocery store for that talk.

Young children need guidance and need to learn that they should be on their best behavior out in public, i.e., restaurants, grocery stores, movie theaters, church, etc.

I do understand that after about 40 minutes of listening to this child the owner got upset, but she needed to direct her anger towards the parents.  Just my humble opinion.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply