The All New Tas - What's for Dinner Thread - & - Don't Get Uppity.

Tas mentioned there was a good thread on - What's for Dinner.

Seems it ended up - a bit ' snooty '.

So - no fancy - dancy - stuff - just good fresh ideas for dins.

Oh - & Freddie - just loved the zucchini slice - if you could just put it here one more time - I swear not to lose it again.

And please - this time add the - zucchinis. lol.

Here - tonight - Chicken Schnit's with salad.

Message 1 of 856
Latest reply
855 REPLIES 855

@domino-710wrote:

@springyzonewrote:

@imastawkawrote:

I'm gunna hate dislike this thread.

I haven't had a home cooked meal for about 2 months now

How come? Are you on the move or on holidays!

Ah, that would be the life. I hate having to cook dinner, mainly because my husband has become harder to feed as he gets older.

He's not keen on chicken, salmon, tuna, sausages, mince, pasta, rice or quiche like meals, so it narrows the choices.

Quite the opposite - Springy.

Stawks is lazing around - trying to look busy.

Robot wink

wot.jpg  The nerve of some people!!

Springy, Dom knows perfectly well that I've had a fractured ankle and can't put any weight on it.

I've been on crutches, which makes cooking more than a little difficult.

Message 21 of 856
Latest reply

twyngwyn ... on the way home I bought a packet of the pastry mix .. your recipe will be the one I'll try out first ... thank you  xx

Dunno about doughnuts though, I try to avoid them because they always attempt to get into my mouth!

Message 22 of 856
Latest reply

I'm in for the Cake - will pay postage & have included Tupperware..

images (15).jpeg

Please use & send the big red one.

images (16).jpeg

Message 23 of 856
Latest reply

Oh Stawks, I'm so sorry about your ankle, what a nasty thing to happen .. know how you feel though, I've done that twice.

I had on slippery mules and slipped on three steps the first time .. the second time, the same mules in the same place a year later almost to the day, it happened again. 

Was supposed to get rid of the mules, but they were real leather and I was attached to them ... after the second bout, Mr. Tasfleur tossed them out while I wasn't looking and bought me a pair of Crocs ...  Smiley Frustrated

For my birthday, he gifted me two surgical 'moon boots' for 'just in case' and a pair of nice elbow crutches.  Those instruments live in a crate in the man cave ... Smiley Indifferent  His sense of humour is quite exquisite.

Here's hoping you only have it happen once Stawks ...  Heart

Message 24 of 856
Latest reply

PS ... Stawks, if you do it again though, let me know, and I will most happily send you the surgical boots and the crutches as a gift,  much more comfortable than a plaster cast and so Star Trek looking too ...  Woman Very Happy

Message 25 of 856
Latest reply

Thanks Tas.   It seems I've done it more than once.  X-rays show old fractures, calcified.

edit:  No plaster.  Seems they can't plaster it.  I have an ankle guard strapped on.

And I have elbow crutches.

Thanks for the offer.  Next door has a moon boot for just such an occasion

I've heard Crocs are bad for the same thing - just sayin'

Dinner tonight?  Haven't a clue.

Message 26 of 856
Latest reply

@imastawka

wot.jpg  The nerve of some people!!

Springy, Dom knows perfectly well that I've had a fractured ankle and can't put any weight on it.

I've been on crutches, which makes cooking more than a little difficult.

Ooh, sorry to hear that. There I was, thinking you were off having fun, maybe sitting in a cruise dining room each night with a glass of wine and extensive menu.

Which state are you in? I know when my parents were having trouble getting around a few years back, they had a frozen meal delivery service & the meals were quite good, quite a good selection on the menu. Can't recall the company name but guess there must be some similar companies in every state.

Or maybe that's what you already have?

There's nothing like having your mobility & independence to do things. Hope you're a lot better soon.

Message 27 of 856
Latest reply

Trifle - has been mentioned - lately.

Would someone put up the best ' Trifle ' recipe.

All the yummy layers.

I have never made one - but - now would like to.

Message 28 of 856
Latest reply

These Crocs have straps to hold the shoes on and a kind of 'funny fuzz' lining .. so I think they are safer that the mules Stawks (hopefully).

Oh my!  You've done your ankle in a few times too ...  Smiley Surprised ... not much fun is it?  Looks like you're ready to go for the next break though .. (just kidding, hopefully it will never happen).

Message 29 of 856
Latest reply

I made a gigantic trifle to take to a friend's house for dinner a few years ago.

It was just an awful pity that we didn't think to carry it in a container with a lid (didn't have a big enough one anyway) so I carried it on my lap while Mr. Tasfleur dove.

I could have put plastic wrap across the glass bowl I supposed, yes, but there was something of a hurry going on and the custard/jelly wasn't quite congealed.

It tasted okay, but 'trifle' it was not ultimately .. more like a sweet quicksand ..  Smiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 856
Latest reply