Is it changes to social media

Is eBay dying

?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: What happened?

The thing with the seed scams is, by the time the buyer realises they've been scammed, it's too late to do anything about it. Yet, they still flock to the rainbow roses, coloured strawberry seeds, monkey faced orchids, buddah shaped pears. Even Aussie sellers are getting in on the act and eBay refuses to do anything about it.

I've only found 2 rainbow rose sellers that tell the truth. They are both in Hong Kong. They tell you straight out the seeds you buy are for a particular variety of rose, which is an off white, apparently the best variety to create the rainbow (other light colours work too, but this variety seems to work the best according to my own research). You have to split the stem in 4 and sit each section in coloured water. The rose then sucks the liquids up creating the different coloured petals. I've never made rainbow ones, but have made blue roses.

The coloured strawberries and orchids are just out and out fake. People have been sent all manner of different seeds, including weed seeds.

The pears are created by putting a plastic mold around the juvenile fruit so they fill out the space in the mold as they grow. They most certainly do not grow in the shape they tell you they do.

The sellers of this rubbish, including the Aussie sellers seem to be untouchable. No amount of reporting makes a scrap of difference. It almost makes you want to get into it too (except I have a conscience).

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

But surely it is an offence to bring seeds to Australia without permit anyway!!!

eBay should be taking off these sellers just for making listings for Australia.

Lithium totally destroyed the answer section.  I was coming here from about 2004 (?) but now the only time I go to the Answer Centre is when I want to ask about something,  Often it takes day or 2 before anybody else comes along, and by then I either sorted it out myself or it became irrelevant.   there are ofter topics started days before and nobody responds.  Before Lithium took over we all hang around there, answered questions, often within minutes, and then discussed the subject or diverged to related something, or even unrelated, but people always got help.  I bet anything that many people now never find out what they needed, and they may not bother to shop here again. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Just received my seeds. They look like specks of black sand.

Now I am contemplating how to sow them. Will I get some Agar from a reputable Orchid grower, or will I just plant them in seedrising soil?

Perhaps I will halve the lot and try both methods. Will take photos as time goes by and show the end results here one day. Will be interesting what kind of weeds come up.

Erica

PS; Don't hold your breath waiting for eBay to ban those Scammers from China. Just look at the names of eBay bosses. 

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

I still buy sometimes .. but I lost interest when it stopped being fun !  First time back on the boards for ages .. its very quiet

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Just a little        

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply