Will You Be Watching 60 Minutes

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/vincenti-sisters-reveal-what-it-was-like-to-be-taken-from-a...

Vincenti sisters reveal what it was like to be taken from Australia back to Italy

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

The last paragraph is a bit ambiguous.

Hard to believe that it was three years ago.

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

I'll probably record it and watch it later. It doesn't feel like its been three years sice those harrowing airport scenes but it does sound as if the girls are happy.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

If that is the most interesting segment 60 Minutes has to offer tonight, I won't be watching it.

The whole affair had been turned into a circus by the Media three years ago. The true story was never told. What happened in the interim time? Why has the mother not seen the girls for three years? This agin will never be told.

Erica

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

No, I never watch it

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

I think if the mother had visited them in Italy she would have been

arrested.   After all,  she and the father had shared custody and

she removed them from the country.

Not having seen their mother would reinforce in the girls' minds that

they are where they should be   i.e. their mother doesn't care

I don't believe that, but the girls would IMO

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

I don't think the mother will be arrested if she goes to Italy was accurate, stawks. Maybe so,  if the father wanted her to be charged if she came back, she would have been, but he declared he didn't intend to do that and had no problem with her returning to Italy to visit or live there separately from him and continue with shared custody. At that stage (3 years ago)  the father was painted as someone whose word couldn't be trusted.

The mother no longer wanted to live in Italy, so she wanted her girls to leave with her.. was that the right decision for the girls?

Doesn't look like it now.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

I don't think the mother will be arrested if she goes to Italy was accurate, stawks. Maybe so,  if the father wanted her to be charged if she came back, she would have been, but he declared he didn't intend to do that and had no problem with her returning to Italy to visit or live there separately from him and continue with shared custody. At that stage (3 years ago)  the father was painted as someone whose word couldn't be trusted.

The mother no longer wanted to live in Italy, so she wanted her girls to leave with her.. was that the right decision for the girls?

Doesn't look like it now.

There is so much we don't know about this story.  I'm curious about the exchange student program and how or why she didn't return.  

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

?  She didn't return here because she married, at a very young age.

My opinion is that the father is the best parent.  If the mother wanted to be involved she could have been, but she chose not to.  That speaks volumes to me.

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

?  She didn't return here because she married, at a very young age.

My opinion is that the father is the best parent.  If the mother wanted to be involved she could have been, but she chose not to.  That speaks volumes to me.

What do you mean?

DEB

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply