asylum seekers

those who support not detaining them and allowing them to settle in Australia.

what is your plan for supporting them?

where are you going to draw the line?

because you do know if our country does allow that to happen they will be coming in their tens of thousands.

how many people do you think in the middle east and africa have the money to pay for their passage here.......millions.

once word gets out that you are straight in no questions asked....they will be coming

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: asylum seekers

I agree with martini's post.

Freaki .. I have read before about the Dr and his titanium implants for robotic legs.. Very interesting.

Why does it take Australia so long to process asylum seekers? I read the other day Italy is aiming for max of 18 mths to process an asylum seeker.

Re this question ' how many refugees have you taken in to your home' that is enough to make anyone scream. It is pretty common on the net and what type of people ask it?

Message 41 of 56
Latest reply

Donna, I hadn't noticed that question, probably because I don't read that persons's posts.

Nero will be happy to know that yes, I have indeed had a refugee living at my house. She was from China. She stayed a few months after she'd been made homeless and she was a much better cook than me.

I wonder why she didn't get all those free taxpayer handouts mentioned by grizz and others. Please follow that up, grizz, so I can people how to apply for tax payer funded luxury support.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to do it again. Anyone who reads anything other than the brainwash gossip mags masquerading as "news" will know many of our country towns have taken in groups of refugees. There are fund raising and education committees, tons of volunteers and lots of support.

Perhaps some of the fearful people here could google to see if there are support groups in their communities. It is a great way to get to know the human stories behind refugees...and the BBQs are fun, too..
Message 42 of 56
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
I agree with martini's post.

Freaki .. I have read before about the Dr and his titanium implants for robotic legs.. Very interesting.

Why does it take Australia so long to process asylum seekers? I read the other day Italy is aiming for max of 18 mths to process an asylum seeker.

Re this question ' how many refugees have you taken in to your home' that is enough to make anyone scream. It is pretty common on the net and what type of people ask it?

i have never made any mention of government handouts.

why has no one answered the question? how many do we accept?

Message 43 of 56
Latest reply

which question?

Message 44 of 56
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

which question?

how many people do we allow in?

Message 45 of 56
Latest reply

Do you mean asylum seekers or those processed as genuine refugees?

Message 46 of 56
Latest reply

@crystal-gems wrote:

Do you mean asylum seekers or those processed as genuine refugees?

the ones who can afford to come here without applying to immigrate here

Message 47 of 56
Latest reply

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

those who support not detaining them and allowing them to settle in Australia.

what is your plan for supporting them?

where are you going to draw the line?

because you do know if our country does allow that to happen they will be coming in their tens of thousands.

how many people do you think in the middle east and africa have the money to pay for their passage here.......millions.

once word gets out that you are straight in no questions asked....they will be coming

If we allow boat after boat to arrive our population will be over 1 billion in no time. We will be like China. Over populated and resources stretched to the limit.

STOP THE BOATS!

schiff.gif

WE CANNOT ALLOW THESE BOATS!

Message 48 of 56
Latest reply

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

why has no one answered the question? how many do we accept?

I'll give you a number.

Not unreasonable given that the Germany takes approximately 500,000 or that Congo took 100,000 in same year.

Message 49 of 56
Latest reply

Martini....please note that Germany has a population of 81 million, the Congo 77 million.  Australia 23 million.

Don't get me wrong.....I am all for taking in genuine refugees.

Message 50 of 56
Latest reply