asylum seekers

those who support not detaining them and allowing them to settle in Australia.

what is your plan for supporting them?

where are you going to draw the line?

because you do know if our country does allow that to happen they will be coming in their tens of thousands.

how many people do you think in the middle east and africa have the money to pay for their passage here.......millions.

once word gets out that you are straight in no questions asked....they will be coming

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: asylum seekers

@2106greencat wrote:

Well here is an idea -

I am going to base this on an average family - 2 adults - 2 children - one income earner (and according to the latest unemployed statistics this country can in reality only sustain a single income earner family no matter what they want us to believe).

You have your income each week budgeted for your family - food, clothing, housing, medical, education, petrol, electricity, as the absolute basics - an average income earner can't afford pets or entertainment and now you are are told take in:

an extra 2 adults and 2 children - no income, no means of supporting themselves, no medical cover, thank God they didn't bring the dog.

How are you going to manage ? Are your children going to have to do without? Get less on thier plate each night?

Because that is what we are asking the government to do if we want them to support asylem seekers.

Will you be the first to stand up and say " I will do it" - My family will help out - or will you wait until someone comes up with a better idea - like most of us?

This is not aimed at anyone in particular - I just get tired of the 'this is what we should do's who can't come up with a solution.

Actually it sounds like you've been reading too many bigotted blogs and listening to too many shock jocks.

Did you even bother reading the man's story?

He now has a wife and child and he now creates limbs for those who've lost theirs.  I'm sure we can afford him and many others like him.

Message 31 of 56
Latest reply

Btw, when did asylum seekers riot because they didnt like the conditions? It has never...not ever...happened. Making up stuff is making up stuff.

thats right making stuff up is making stuff up

Message 32 of 56
Latest reply

they are an  asylum seeker before it is proven they are a refugee.

Official definition.

Message 33 of 56
Latest reply

@freakiness wrote:

How many have you sponsored and how many have you put up at your house and looked after so that they wouldn’t be a burden on the tax payers of this country 

Message 34 of 56
Latest reply

Like I said - not in reply to anyone in particular.......

but you do raise an interesting question....

Do we only take those that can be of use ???

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 35 of 56
Latest reply

Asylum seeking refugee came to Aus by boat 10 years ago. Told by Ruddock he'd never be allowed to continue his career in Australia....   Inspiring tale of former refugee Dr Munjed Al Muderis and war hero Michael Swain

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yes but he waited untill his claim was processed and went about things in a constructive manner also I can't recall many saying that Ruddock was/is a mega brain.

Message 36 of 56
Latest reply

@nero_wulf wrote:

@freakiness wrote:

How many have you sponsored and how many have you put up at your house and looked after so that they wouldn’t be a burden on the tax payers of this country 

Do you ever have a thought that is your own? Let's start with how many you have put up in your home since it is of so much importance that you have to repeat it every time there is a discussion on asylum seekers?

Photobucket
Message 37 of 56
Latest reply

@*mrgrizz* wrote:

those who support not detaining them and allowing them to settle in Australia.

what is your plan for supporting them?

where are you going to draw the line?

because you do know if our country does allow that to happen they will be coming in their tens of thousands.

how many people do you think in the middle east and africa have the money to pay for their passage here.......millions.

once word gets out that you are straight in no questions asked....they will be coming

Send them to rural Australia, I believe WA has a thriving economy with a lot of space Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 38 of 56
Latest reply

@nero_wulf wrote:

@freakiness wrote:

The person I mentioned is not a burdon on the tax payers of this country.

Those who seek to wedge and cause conflict between people are more of a burdon than people like him.

Message 39 of 56
Latest reply

@ca04 wrote:

Asylum seeking refugee came to Aus by boat 10 years ago. Told by Ruddock he'd never be allowed to continue his career in Australia....   Inspiring tale of former refugee Dr Munjed Al Muderis and war hero Michael Swain

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yes but he waited untill his claim was processed and went about things in a constructive manner also I can't recall many saying that Ruddock was/is a mega brain.

He came here on a so called illegal boat from Indonesia.

Message 40 of 56
Latest reply