150 items 15 to 24 November and pay no listing fees.

I just received this email from eBay .. it's the usual one that comes around monthly ..... hope you can access it    Smiley Happy

http://www.rsvp.ebay.com.au/rsvp/signup/2664/EFD0uYcZqu4

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: 150 items 15 to 24 November and pay no listing fees.

I've tried it every day for almost 2 months on 2 accounts and still just get the expired message. I'll keep trying, you never know, I may hit a glitch!

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

Today and the last time I got it, it immediately shows that I'd used 150 and 0 left !!!!   And charges me $1.50 for items I list (today 70 items).

Had the most frustrating phone call to C/S .... she explained that as I had over 150 items listed already I must have used them all!!!  

Each time I explained it was a glitch and eBays fault, . ... she then told me I didn't understandand  that I'd used them before the promotion started !!!!

I gave up and asked for a supervisor and sorted it out ..... (after 20 minutes called for hubby to either bring me a cup of tea or a glass of wine.    As it was past 'wine o'clock' he brought wine  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

OK, so you used them before the promotion started. Maybe that's what's happening to me too. 😄 I should list 150 items then call eBay and complain that I'd used the 150, then the promotion said it had expired. I wonder if they'd buy it? I'll be sure to make a cup of tea first though, sounds like I'll need it if you took that long to get it sorted! YOU don't understand? I think it's more than likely THEM that doesn't understand.

Spoiler
I'm not game to risk it. That's a lot of insertion fees if it backfires!
Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

Ha ha ......

To make it worse   .... she kept telling me to   "'go to the top of the page .....see where it says ALL SELLING .... now scroll down to the bottom and you'll see that you've used up to 150 and have none left"     I am usually very pracid, but I was so frustrated  i really lost my cool.

Anyway, the supervisor was extremely understanding, and I'm wondering when I was first transferred, they meant to put me onto promotions but I went back to Customer Service.    I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt ?

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

I know it wouldn't have been funny for you at the time, dot, but I had to laugh when I read all this.  

Did you click on the 150 that it said had been used (it's a link), so that you could check the listing numbers that they were supposed to be used on?  If you did and there was nothing there you could have pointed that out to them.

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

Now you've opened a can of worms  Woman Happy

I never thought of checking as I didn't think there would be anything there.   BUT THERE ARE 150 item numbers .... on searching them I get the message on each one  "No items" .

I'm happy ... they've agreed to refund them at the end of the promotion.  

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

Dot your link worked for me, sort of.  And thanks for posting it.  It said I had accepted the 150 free promotion.  Yeah!!

Listed one item to see if it was at the bottom of my All Selling page.....not.

Tried again though the other link that was posted.....'You have already accepted the free listings'.  

Still not at the bottom of my page, so re-booted computer to see if that fixed things.....No.

Organized a call back from e-Bay (definitely the quickest way to go), and now......

..... (eBay rep) Yes, you will get the 150 free.  If you are charged, call us back and we will issue you a credit.

According to the rep I spoke to, this is probably an (another - my word) eBay glitch.

So I will list all my unsold, plus a heap of others, and get all my listing fees reimbursed to me.

Anyone else having the same issue, get eBay to call you back and get it sorted.  I also did get a reference number for the call, so there can be no 'we don't have a record of this' even though all calls are recorded.  A reference number cuts through a lot of 'red tape'.

Good luck and happy selling everyone.

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

And there is one thing we can be pleased about when there is a glitch like this.   Our re-listings aren't counted .... so that's an advantage.   Glad it worked for you, and sorry for the others who keep trying in vain  .... Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@justkidzbiz wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

I got "expired"

Funny how some ppl get "invite only" and others get "expired" and the lucky ones get "accepted"

My guess is if you get " expired" it may pay to keep trying every couple of days. Different sellers are on a different rolling set of dates with this offer. You may find it works for you with the offer starting later in the month than the OP. The links often work for me around 4 days after others post them on the forums.

I've been trying the link each day and getting the "sorry promotion has expired message". Tried it just now and it worked starting 21 st.

It looks like it pays to keep trying if you get the expired message.

Thanks Dot for posting the link.   Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

thanks for sharing but no joy for me.

The auto 3 relists didn't work either and I have only 1 item left  with 313 sitting in my usold section waiting for free listings.

It's the same for my other accounts as well, so with all my items sitting in unsold sections ebay won't get money from me.

I wish the free listings were for everyone. I just don't know what I have to do to be included. I can't afford  a store so I will just have to wait.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply